Barring Lockout, Rubio Coming to Minnesota in 2011-12

Indications that Ricky Rubio has informed GM David Kahn that he plans to be in Minnesota next season barring a lockout

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14903483/postups-important-mvp-race-deserves-hard-consideration

He seems to have really regressed this past season, so it may be the best time for him to come over and try to rejuvinate his game.

Or he is just not the same kind of prospect that people originally thought he was, which is also a pretty good possibility.

Ricky Rubio is who we (mostly myself and I think RD?) thought he was?

His game seems better suited for the NBA although I do think he needs to develop a jumper.

Ricky Rubio is who we (mostly myself and I think RD?) thought he was?

Really, I doubt neither you are RD have seen nearly enough on him to draw any sorts of conclusions. I mean, 3-4 years ago his hype was absurd, then it died down (he got picked 5th, not 1st....). We've seen talented signs from the kid, so to conclude he isn't anything special (I don't really know what you are saying, so vague...) is just dumb, especially when he hasn't touched an NBA floor yet.

• Like 1

• Owner

I flip-flopped after seeing him play in the WC's, if I recall correctly. I can't remember what I said though, lol.

But, the main thing was consistent, and stayed that way: he should've never, ever been compared to Pistol Pete.

Well... His game this season has been off. On defense he's very solid, but it looks like he's lost the quick hands which got him many steals. However, he's still 4th or 5th in the league I think with over one and a half.

On offense, he just hasn't been explosive. The guy really can't shoot, at all. His basketball IQ is rather high and he makes good decisions when it comes to running an offense.

He's got it in him though, because we've seen it in the past. As some have said in earlier posts, he could use a change and he still has some very solid skills on which to build on in order to become a good point guard.

But, the main thing was consistent, and stayed that way: he should've never, ever been compared to Pistol Pete.

WOAT comparison in the history of comparison's aside from anyone being compared to Mike.

I flip-flopped after seeing him play in the WC's, if I recall correctly. I can't remember what I said though, lol.

He was compared to Pistol Pete because of his looks and his style of play, not because he was going to be the next Pistol Pete.

• Owner

He was compared to Pistol Pete because of his looks and his style of play, not because he was going to be the next Pistol Pete.

I know that. He doesn't play like Pistol. Everyone knows that Maravich could shoot the ball better (notably in traffic), and was a far, far better scorer than Rubio will ever be. In fact, Rubio would probably average more assists because he's not a scoring guard.

• 1 month later...

During a online chat, Johnathan Givony mentioned that if Rubio were in this year's draft class that he would go in the #10-#20 pick range. Very surprised that he had him going that low especially when you consider how weak this year's class is. It does say a lot about how disappointing Rubio has been this season but he hasn't been so bad (at least from the Real Madrid vs Barcelona games I watched) that he should fall behind Kemba Walker.

Kahn was rumored to be thinking that Ricky Rubio was a better prospect than Kyrie Irving and that was the motivation behind the Timberwolves potentially trading the #1 pick if they did win the lottery.

I'd love to get Ricky... I think (barring injuries) he'd be fine in NBA.

:lol: Why, the Nuggets are pretty set at PG.

But hoping that he comes over and we can cut the bullshit and see how he works, he wont be the answer to the wolves because this team needs so much work