46% of Mississippi believe interracial marriages should be illegal

reno

46% of these voters in Mississippi believe interracial marriage should be illegal,while 40% think it should be legal.

PPP surveyed 400 usual Mississippi Republican primary voters from March 24th to 27th.

The survey’s margin of error is +/-4.9%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed

and weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_MS_0407915.pdf

The south might be bad, but the Mid-West might be the most racist part of the United States.

How? I've lived in the midwest all my life and I'll tell you that it is not racist at all. infact most of the people are actually kind. If you want racism go to LA or the south

How? I've lived in the midwest all my life and I'll tell you that it is not racist at all. infact most of the people are actually kind. If you want racism go to LA or the south

>midwest not racist at all

>LA is racist

http://twanatells.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kanye_shrug.png

One girl? Your argument is one blonde girl? :lol:

Bro you dont live here and probably never even been here so just be quiet. Its so diverse here and all the people I hang out with are all of different races/ethnicitys, nobody gives a [expletive] what race you are here.

And btw that girl had to drop out of school and her life is basically ruined. Racism isnt tolerated here.

• Like 2

From my experiences the Midwest is much more racist than LA. I took a flight to LA about 2 years ago with a stop in Memphis. The 30-40 minutes I was at the Memphis airport was the most awkward experience of my life. All of the blacks and whites were segregated and not talking to each other. I'm 95% I was the only brown person in the entire airport. LA was very mixed from my experience. This is just my experience though, I'm sure others will have different views. (inb4 you are judging a city based on 30-40 minutes)

• Like 1

From my experiences the Midwest is much more racist than LA. I took a flight to LA about 2 years ago with a stop in Memphis. The 30-40 minutes I was at the Memphis airport was the most awkward experience of my life. All of the blacks and whites were segregated and not talking to each other. I'm 95% I was the only brown person in the entire airport. LA was very mixed from my experience. This is just my experience though, I'm sure others will have different views. (inb4 you are judging a city based on 30-40 minutes)

Yeah I travel a lot and ive noticed that too, for airports in that region. Also its interesting you mention just blacks and whites, because thats all the south/midwest mainly consist of. Ive lived in several different places around the U.S. and nowhere has been as diverse as California. Theres asians, mexicans, middle eastern, blacks, whites, pretty much anything you can think of. Everyone just accepts each other, at least from my experience. This thread really made me appreciate how awesome the culture is here.

Well way to judge a city in 30-40 minutes gawd...

Yeah I travel a lot and ive noticed that too, for airports in that region. Also its interesting you mention just blacks and whites, because thats all the south/midwest mainly consist of. Ive lived in several different places around the U.S. and nowhere has been as diverse as California. Theres asians, mexicans, middle eastern, blacks, whites, pretty much anything you can think of. Everyone just accepts each other, at least from my experience. This thread really made me appreciate how awesome the culture is here.

Why are hispanic people always referred to as mexicans? I know you didnt do it on purpose or anything but its just a pet peeve I have lol.

He referred to middle easterns, blacks, asians, whites...and the only nationality that so happened to be mentioned was mexican, but I'm pretty sutre he meant (correct me if I'm wrong) was spanish people in general. Yes, mexicans are probably found more commonly but there's also colombians, puerto ricans, venezuleans...etc. people living there too.