Bryant Likes Shaw As Jackson's Successor

Kobe Bryant knows who he wants to replace the Los Angeles Lakers’ Hall of Fame coach: Brian Shaw.

Bryant told Yahoo! Sports on Friday that he and his teammates will endorse the longtime Lakers assistant as Jackson’s replacement. Shaw is in his sixth full season on Jackson’s coaching staff after serving as an assistant to Frank Hamblen during the second half of the 2004-05 season.

“I feel all of the players believe in coach B-Shaw,” Bryant said the Lakers’ Friday morning shootaround. “We have such a rapport with him. He’s been with us for such a long time. We all have a bit of a bias towards him.

“I don’t want to get in the way of management. But we’ve all kind of had our eye on him for a while.”

Shaw won three NBA championships as a player with the Lakers and was a teammate of Bryant’s from 1999-2003 before retiring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_kobe_endorses_shaw_as_lakers_coach_040811

Which is understandable since Shaw has been the assistant coach for quite some time. I think he'd be a really good replacement for Phil Jackson since he knows everything about the Lakers system more than any other coach

the only problem I have is that Kobe won't be submissive to him. yes he is on an equal playing field with phil these days, but Shaw was one of his peers at one point, which could cause possible problems imo

Edited by Lkr

• Owner

Kobe listens to Fish more than he does Shaw.

I just fear that, soon, Luke Walton will be on the sidelines, clipboard in hand, trying to coach this team.

EDIT: Nevermind, Walton already does that.

• Like 1

Kobe listens to Fish more than he does Shaw.

I just fear that, soon, Luke Walton will be on the sidelines, clipboard in hand, trying to coach this team.

EDIT: Nevermind, Walton already does that.

I wouldn't mind that because after the first loss Luke would run home to his daddy and we wouldn't see him again. Free atlast.