DeAndre Jordan will draw a lot of interest in free agency

Dash

After experiencing a breakout third season, DeAndre Jordan will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Taking the new CBA and probable lockout out of the equation, one prominent NBA agent pegged Jordan's value on the open market to be around $9 million to $11 million dollars per season.

Although Jordan remains raw offensively, the shot blocker has made enough of an improvement at the defensive end to make a big impression.

"Any team that needs a center will be interested," a front office source said. "New York, Houston, Miami, Boston, Cleveland. The question is who has the money to bid it up? New York."

"I can assure you that keeping DJ as part of our core is a major priority and one we will address at the first opportunity," Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212926/Free_Agent_DeAndre_Jordan_Will_Get_A_Lot_Of_Interest#ixzz1J9JsnMnE

Lol @ the writer saying New York when Cleveland and Houston will have a ton of more cash to spend. I'm pretty sure Jordan will end up resigning with the Clippers but I can see Morey making a play for him as our top free agent target because he's easily more realistic than Gasol and Nene.

Would LOVE to see Toronto pursue him. Jordon and Davis/Amir in the front court would be awesome depending on who we draft. BC is not afraid to overpay (see basically everyone he has ever signed/re-signed in his career), but if we are gonna overpay, I would love for it to be for a player like Jordan, a potential defensive anchor if he can continue to get better.

Teaming up with Rajon Rondo who is one of the best passing point guards in the NBA would be amazing for a player like Deandre Jordan who could fly high to get any pass. He's a high flying dunker, not a bad defender and really athletic. Could give some punch to the Celtics team. Would be really smart from him to sign with Boston

• 5 months later...