Who will represent the East in the NBA finals?

*Swish*

I agree they have a chance. Its easier to judge by what you see rather than potential. When I see them play, they not only look older but lost. Lakers and Celtics both kind of cruised through the regular season last year to save up for the playoffs. Lakers didnt end this season very but at least showed something when they went on that run after the all-star break. Since the Perkins trade you really cant say the same about the Celtics.

I know what you're saying, but Jermaine O'Neal just came back, and if Shaq is healthy for their matchup with the Heat and/or Bulls, they'll be fine down low.

• Owner

The Lakers didn't cruise last season. Bryant's knee was swelling and giving him fits in that second half of the year, and LA struggled to win games. Didn't have much to do with just cruising through them, because they were dead set on having HCA over everyone in the NBA...they just faltered and ended up having one of the worst second-half records among all West playoff teams.

As far as Boston goes, I think losing Perk hurts, but Shaq and Jermaine will fill the paint...maybe not as effectively, but they can get it done enough to send Boston to the Finals. The only problem is, I don't think Shaq is going to be healthy enough to matter, but who knows.

I have to go with the Bulls. I think have the best chance to take Chicago out, but in a seven game series I'd take the Bulls in 6. The Heat still haven't shown that they can put it all together consistently against the best teams in the league, so there's no reason I see that changing this year. I don't know it just feels like this is Derrick Rose's year, although that's the same way I felt about LeBron last year. The more I type the harder it is to keep my conviction that the Bulls are the best in the East, but I think barring discovery of Joakim Noah sleeping with Rose's mom, Chicago will not only make the finals but win it all.

The Lakers didn't cruise last season. Bryant's knee was swelling and giving him fits in that second half of the year, and LA struggled to win games. Didn't have much to do with just cruising through them, because they were dead set on having HCA over everyone in the NBA...they just faltered and ended up having one of the worst second-half records among all West playoff teams.

As far as Boston goes, I think losing Perk hurts, but Shaq and Jermaine will fill the paint...maybe not as effectively, but they can get it done enough to send Boston to the Finals. The only problem is, I don't think Shaq is going to be healthy enough to matter, but who knows.

My bad they didnt cruise but they showed signs of life.

I dont know Jermaine and Shaq can be healthy and effective enough to help them get past the Heat now. I would like to see that but i dont know if they could.