Irving is favorite, but three teams may look elsewhere

Real Deal

• Owner
Sources say Wolves, Cavs, Raptors, Jazz and Kings would all take Kyrie Irving 1. Wizards, Pistons & Bucks - Barnes or Derrick Williams

http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider/status/58418569242882048

Makes sense for Washington and Milwaukee to ignore Irving.

Is Minny seriously going to draft another PG? Isn't Rubio coming?

The Jazz have no faith in Harris. :lol:

If I were the Wolves, I'd also draft Irving. Counting on Rubio is just tiring, not to mention if he demands a trade, and if he'd come close to Kyrie in talent level. They can always trade Rubio.

The Wizards already have Wall, if I were them I'd take Barnes, or draft Kyrie anyway to drive up trade value and possibly trade him for an extablished young all star.

As high as I am on Rubio, his struggles this season are a bit concerning (no reason to panic at all) and moving him for a productive veteran might be wise in their case. Derrick Williams and Harrison Barnes would be great (Barnes especially) but Wesley Johnson seems to have solidified his spot on the team and Beasley has shown some flashes of being a legit top 2-3 scorer. Plus there is also the risk that Rubio doesn't sign because of his contract situation if there is indeed a lockout (no matter how short it is) and Minnesota has to wait ANOTHER season before he finally joins the team. I wouldn't be surprised if Kahn decides to keep Rubio and play 2 point guards major minutes in the rotation kind of like the 80's Pistons style. This was the plan when he drafted Flynn at least.

Besides Kahn wants to rebuild the fanbase and a trio of Irving - Beasley - Love would do just that especially if they can crack 30 wins.

Leave it to the Wolves to have 3 points on their rookie contracts on their roster. Irving is probably the BPA, but I'd be looking to trade down (or trade out entirely) if I am the Wolves, the last thing this team needs is another project/rookie. See if Dwight is interested in playing with Love, and if he is package that pick up with some other assets and see what Otis says.

I can defintley see Minny picking Irving if they have the chance to get him.

1. Ridnour is not the long term answer at PG, he's good but he would be a great backup for Minnesota

2. Their obviously looking to trade Johnny Flynn

3. I don't think Rubio really wants to come to the T'Wolves anyway

If they don't take Irving I see them getting a Center which would be either Kanter or Valanciunas.

And I garuntee that the Jazz are planning on trading Harris too. The draft pick they got in the Deron Williams deal made Harris expendable. They now have 2 lottery picks and could be in position of taking Irving, Knight, Walker, or Fredette.

Edited by htownborn

If the T-Wolves draft irving they're just simply stupid cuz couple years back they drafted 3 PG in the first round.rubio, flynn and lawson. They shouldnt be lookin for a PG, they need other pieces and they should just build arond Flynn cuz he can really play.

Flynn sucks, Rubio is in Europe, and Lawson was traded. People need to stop bringing up that draft, it was awful but it has nothing to do with whether Minnesota draft Irving or not.