Arsene Wenger out in Arsenal?

Dash

Rumors are that new ownership might be making some changes in the offseason and Wenger may finally get canned. Even Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal's captain, is piling on Wenger.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has warned his manager Arsene Wenger to spend money on experienced players if Arsenal are to start winning trophies again.

The Gunners have not won any silverware since the FA Cup in 2005 and it looks increasingly likely they will finish empty handed this campaign too.

Wenger in recent seasons has put the emphasis on training up youth products as opposed to spending large amounts of money on big name players.

Fans are beginning to run out of patience with the Frenchman’s policy and Fabregas can see why.

The 23-year-old admits that sooner or later Arsenal’s management will have to decide whether or not winning trophies is the club’s primary goal.

The midfielder believes there is a risk that the club’s famed ability to punch above its financial weight by finding promising young players will ultimately make it less competitive.

“When I started we won the FA Cup and then we reached the final of the Champions League,” he told Don Balon

“We didn’t win but you say, OK we lost to Barcelona, by one goal in the last minute. It’s not a victory but still – it’s the first time the club reached the final of the Champions League.

“From 2007 I started saying, ‘we didn’t win but we played very well.’

“But then you realise it doesn’t work. This year, for example, when we were in four different competitions, you think to yourself, ‘We could win it all!’

“But after missing that final point you have to make a decision: play to win, or to train players.

“I imagine there will be a time when they will have to take the plunge: to win or not win.”

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/19/cesc-fabregas-arsene-wenger-needs-to-buy-players-to-win-trophies-for-arsenal/

If Wenger leaves, this Arsenal team is going to crumble, and I mean crumble. I am not an Arsenal fan so I don't know their financial situation now that new ownership has taken over, but they need a world class striker, defender and goalkeeper for me to see them as a title favourite.

If Wenger leaves, this Arsenal team is going to crumble, and I mean crumble. I am not an Arsenal fan so I don't know their financial situation now that new ownership has taken over, but they need a world class striker, defender and goalkeeper for me to see them as a title favourite.

Their biggest problem happens to be goalkeeper, they have Van Persie up front who is quality, and their defense is always strong. Koscielny has been great this season for Arsenal. If they replaced Almunia with a class keeper like Igor Akinfeev they can be REALLY good.

Van Persie is good, but he doesn't score 20 goals every season. Koscielny is solid, but he concedes tons of penalties and almost all of his mistakes are fatal.

There is 3 games before the season is over and only 1 player is at 20+ and that is Berbatov, and the only other player who will possibly get to 20+ is Tevez.

And hence why Manchester United are leading the table. Drogba can score 20 goals, but his opportunities have been limited and Anelka and Torres (once he returns to form) can score 20 goals. Arsenal play with 4-3-3 formation and Van Persie should be the target man. He is not suited to that role and so I think if Wenger has the money, he should invest in someone who can penetrate through the defence and score 9/10 times one-on-one.

Goalkeeping and injuries have been main reason why Arsenal isn't going to finish out on top. Defense is okay but I wouldn't say that it is "strong", too many times this season where the defense has utterly collapsed. My beef with Wenger is that he NEVER (or at least hasn't in a while) spent big money on any transfers except for maybe 17-18 year olds.

And his rotations kind of suck sometimes.