Noah: Rose League’s Best Closer

The Regime

Derrick Rose scored the go-ahead basket in the closing seconds of Game 2 against the Indiana Pacers.

"We got the best closer in the world," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "And everybody knows it. And they know it. And we know it. And their coach knows it. And they say it, too. They have no problem saying it. And we all know it, so that's definitely gives confidence to our team."

Rose, the favorite to win the MVP award, gives his team confidence even when he isn't playing well, as was the case in Game 3.

"Right now, he is the best closer in the world," Bulls guard Kyle Korver said. "He wants the ball. He knows he can get a shot off. It doesn't matter what has happened the whole game. Great players are able to do that, come through when the team really needs you. And he's done that all year. He's He's hit so many big shots this year ... He's 22 years old. It's pretty special. I'm definitely glad he's on my team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicagobulls/post/_/id/4489/noah-rose-is-best-closer-in-the-world

I'll take Dwyane Wade, Kobe and LBJ (ask the Detroit Pistons) without thinking twice. When Rose does it on the biggest stage in the sport then we'll talk about him being in the conversation.

Edited by Flash

I'll take Dwyane Wade, Kobe and LBJ (ask the Detroit Pistons) without thinking twice. When Rose does it on the biggest stage in the sport then we'll talk about him being in the conversation.

What are you referring to as the biggest stage? The Finals? Because I remember LeBron playing in the Finals once, and it wasn't pretty.

The playoffs is the biggest stage, and Rose has closed out every game this series..

I agree with you, I'd definitely take Wade, Kobe, and Bron over Rose any day of the week, but let's not act like Rose hasn't proven himself in the playoffs since his career started. He took the eventual champions in 2008, as a rookie, to 7 games, and played GREAT (remember that game winning block on Rondo?) He has proven each season that he can perform on the biggest stage.

• Like 1

I'd say the Finals is the biggest stage in the sport but that's JMO. I think Rose is a great closer, but to call him the best one in the world is pretty ridiculous at this point. But then again, its Joakim Noah.

I'd say the Finals is the biggest stage in the sport but that's JMO.

By your logic, LeBron isn't much of a closer then.

I think Rose is a great closer, but to call him the best one in the world is pretty ridiculous at this point.

How so? If you're going to make these statements, back them up.

But then again, its Joakim Noah.

He did say Cleveland sucks, so he does have some credibility. ;)

By your logic, LeBron isn't much of a closer then.

How so? If you're going to make these statements, back them up.

He did say Cleveland sucks, so he does have some credibility. ;)

Well, Kobe and Wade IMO are the 2 best in the game at being "the closer" for their teams. As for LBJ, the team he took to the Finals had 0 chance in that series so I won't use that against him. He's proven himself down the stretch of games over the course of his career and his clutch stats reflect that. Rose has never gotten out of the first round in his career and this is the first year he's up near the top in clutch stats.

Well, Kobe and Wade IMO are the 2 best in the game at being "the closer" for their teams. As for LBJ, the team he took to the Finals had 0 chance in that series so I won't use that against him. He's proven himself down the stretch of games over the course of his career and his clutch stats reflect that. Rose has never gotten out of the first round in his career and this is the first year he's up near the top in clutch stats.

I'd take Melo and Pierce over Wade in the clutch personally, but I'm sure you can make the argument for Wade.

I'm not refuting anything you're saying, I'm simply focusing on your flawed logic. You just can't use the Finals against Rose, because it completely contradicts what you're trying to say. You seem to be underrating Rose's ability to finish out games, he always finds a way to pull through in the clutch despite not being a great pull up shooter. He can get to the rim and finish almost anything he wants, and he hardly ever turns it over.