LeBron James about Cavaliers- '' wasn't my team, wasn't my city''

The Akron native didn't wait for the end of a question Friday when a reporter referenced Cleveland as "your city." James' message was that he can't disown something that was never his.

"It wasn't my city. It wasn't my team either," he said. "I was just a player, you know, I helped get that franchise to leaps and bounds that they haven't seen before.

"But there were players before me - Mark Price, Larry Nance, Brad Daugherty and guys way before me. The city was not built on LeBron James."

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/04/22/lebron.james.detaches.himself.cleveland.it.wasnt.my.city.it.wasnt.my.team.either

Cavs fans can't wait to face the Heat again

He chose number 23, he chose the MJ chalk powder toss, he guaranteed championships...so why is he trying to downplay all of this and act as though he was merely a player?

Although, after all the failures in the playoffs and all the excuses that followed them, maybe he should be labeled merely as a player.

And when will he shut up? I actually kinda got over his ass and here he goes again.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest
  • Like 1

- LeBron back in 2008.

I think that shows how much he's matured though and part of it has to do with how much more pressure there is on him and the Heat culture as a whole. People might not like LBJ and how he left Cleveland, but he seems a lot more focused this year and knows what's on the line with this team. He's not doing the same childish things on the court that we saw in Cleveland and I think it shows how far he's come. Will some disagree? Of course..but that's just how I see it.

I think that shows how much he's matured though and part of it has to do with how much more pressure there is on him and the Heat culture as a whole. People might not like LBJ and how he left Cleveland, but he seems a lot more focused this year and knows what's on the line with this team. He's not doing the same childish things on the court that we saw in Cleveland and I think it shows how far he's come. Will some disagree? Of course..but that's just how I see it.

If he has truly matured, then he wouldn't be saying these bogus statements and beating around the bush. He claims the city wasn't built on LeBron James, but the team most certainly was. And we all know it was his team, he had such a great influence on everything that team does, from the front office, to the coaching staff, to how the players played the game. It was his city, similar to how Miami was Wade's city.

I agree, he has been more focused this year, and really does seem better than ever, but he still hasn't matured to the point where I can fully respect him.