royce da 5'9 x Eminem LP on the way

Karl Malone

Welcome to the best of both worlds. Now that Eminem and Royce Da 5’9″ are back on the same page, the pair are set to release an EP inspired by their 1999 collaboration, Bad Meets Evil. The project is set to drop on June 14th through Interscope and will feature production from D-12′s Mr. Porter, Havoc, DJ Khalil, Bangladesh and others. Here’s what Em had to say:

“Royce and I started hanging out again and inevitably that led us back into the studio. At first we were just seeing where it went without any real goal in mind, but the songs started to come together crazy, so here we are.

As for Royce:

“I’m excited to see this project come to fruition considering the long lapse in time between when we worked before and now. We had a blast doing it and we just hope everyone enjoys it while we’re working on the ‘Monster’ that will be the Slaughterhouse album. #TeamShady”

source: rapradar.com

i am sooo pumped for this.

10 years too late. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it of course, but not getting my hopes up at all.

Same boat. Eminem has simply been too disappointing as of late. I'm excited to see what Royce brings though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his ultra fast-paced screaming either. He still has some really sick lines, but it just doesn't sound good on the ears (especially in songs like Despicable where it just kills the song). In terms of his flow and voice, the best he's sounded since around TES is on this song (which is by far my favorite song on Recovery)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tto9o8hTl8I

That first single is pretty cool. The EP is apparently being titled 'Hell: The Sequel', pretty cool, continuity from the song off the SSLP when they say see you in hell for the sequel. Comes out in mid June, should be cool to hear some new material that isn't just leaked shit.