Is this team done?

Duncan is 35 years old, struggling to play a good 35+ minute game. They have a solid group of young bench players, but other than that Manu is on the down run as well.. as far as title dreams. they are done. But I won't count them out of anything as long as Pop is their coach..

Depends. Theyre not winning a title or getting out of the West with their current roster. If they realize this and start to rebulld then yes obviously they are done. If they keep the same cast around for another year or two, they can still manage a top 4 seed but early playoff exit depending on the matchup.

If the Spurs got New Orleans in Round 1 I think they win that matchup easily.

They actually have a new trio virtually in place in Hill, Neal and Splitter. I am not saying they are as good as Parker, Manu and Duncan, but Splitter and Hill still have quite a bit of potential and with a great coach like Pop, it is honestly quite hard to rule them out regardless of the situation.

Yeah, this appears to be it, the big 3 is healthy as it's ever going to be this time of the year, they got a 1 seed, a bunch of nice young role players. The stars seem aligned, however, I think it's to face the facts that it's over. I mean lets face it, they lost to the Grizz...lol a good team, but by no means a title contender...

Spurs are old. You could see they're just not the same anymore. I say they're done for good. They've had an amazing decade together but Duncan needs to retire. If he plays another year, it's for the love of the game. Not a ring with SA

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this appears to be it, the big 3 is healthy as it's ever going to be this time of the year, they got a 1 seed, a bunch of nice young role players. The stars seem aligned, however, I think it's to face the facts that it's over. I mean lets face it, they lost to the Grizz...lol a good team, but by no means a title contender...

Manu Ginobili was injured in the last game of the season in a meaningless game. If he's healthy for game 1 I'm positive Spurs win which MIGHT have changed the series outcome.

Grizzlies are not your typical 8th seed either, and honestly I do think they are a title contender. They are 2-2 with a team many thought could be title contenders as well.

Spurs are old. You could see they're just not the same anymore. I say they're done for good. They've had an amazing decade together but Duncan needs to retire. If he plays another year, it's for the love of the game. Not a ring with SA

Lol are you serious? Duncan, although a shell of his former self can still give you a double double on any given night and play solid D. He's still better than the majority of "bigs" in the game.

I'm beginning to think most of you don't even watch the games and just judge the Spurs on box scores and the series outcomes. Look up how many touches Duncan got each game of this series. Then look at his numbers in the first half (when he got touches) and then in the 2nd half (when for some reason they went away from him). I don't care if you are Kobe, Jordan, Bird, etc if you don't get touches you can't score the ball.

To say Duncan is finished and should retire is just plain stupidity.

As for the Spurs, I agree the window is probably shut for now, but the Spurs FO has been good at trying to keep

It open. The RJ trade was a failure, but I expect them to try something similar this year. (assuming there is a "this year"). It was painfully obvious the Spurs need more size and help for Duncan. Splitter in his 2nd year will be more of a key player, but the Spurs need upgrades over Blair or Bonner and need to find a replacement for Dice. Spurs will test the FA market which will have a lot of quality impact players.

If I was the Spurs I would be looking at taking some risks. Players like Michael Redd, GREG ODEN, and Yao Ming could be players that won't demand a lot of money but could be very helpful. Especially Oden, IF he can stay healthy he's a great talent and would fit in great with the Spurs.

I would also be looking at guys like Grant Hill, or Shane Battier, or Xavier Henry. The Grizzlies have a ton of wings especially when Rudy comes back and they won't want to pay them all. Spurs could use a solid 3 to play defense and back up Dick Jefferson.

Anyway I think the Spurs are just a few pieces away from having a contending team still, I don't think you blow up the team just yet.

Manu Ginobili was injured in the last game of the season in a meaningless game. If he's healthy for game 1 I'm positive Spurs win which MIGHT have changed the series outcome.

Grizzlies are not your typical 8th seed either, and honestly I do think they are a title contender. They are 2-2 with a team many thought could be title contenders as well.

Possibly, all I'm saying is Tim Duncan was very healthy, Manu was a bit hurt and Tony Parker was full health for the end of season, thats really as healthy as you ever going to see them at this age...at least imo, and yeah obviously the Grizz are better, at the time I said that I was still expecting them to get swept by Thunder, but their D is real...

Lol are you serious? Duncan, although a shell of his former self can still give you a double double on any given night and play solid D. He's still better than the majority of "bigs" in the game.

I'm beginning to think most of you don't even watch the games and just judge the Spurs on box scores and the series outcomes. Look up how many touches Duncan got each game of this series. Then look at his numbers in the first half (when he got touches) and then in the 2nd half (when for some reason they went away from him). I don't care if you are Kobe, Jordan, Bird, etc if you don't get touches you can't score the ball.

To say Duncan is finished and should retire is just plain stupidity.

As for the Spurs, I agree the window is probably shut for now, but the Spurs FO has been good at trying to keep

It open. The RJ trade was a failure, but I expect them to try something similar this year. (assuming there is a "this year"). It was painfully obvious the Spurs need more size and help for Duncan. Splitter in his 2nd year will be more of a key player, but the Spurs need upgrades over Blair or Bonner and need to find a replacement for Dice. Spurs will test the FA market which will have a lot of quality impact players.

If I was the Spurs I would be looking at taking some risks. Players like Michael Redd, GREG ODEN, and Yao Ming could be players that won't demand a lot of money but could be very helpful. Especially Oden, IF he can stay healthy he's a great talent and would fit in great with the Spurs.

I would also be looking at guys like Grant Hill, or Shane Battier, or Xavier Henry. The Grizzlies have a ton of wings especially when Rudy comes back and they won't want to pay them all. Spurs could use a solid 3 to play defense and back up Dick Jefferson.

Anyway I think the Spurs are just a few pieces away from having a contending team still, I don't think you blow up the team just yet.

Spurs fan getting offended

Spurs fan getting offended

Because he responded with facts to back his argument unlike you who throws out a dumb statement without knowing anything? More like Spurs fan taking you to school...

As for the Spurs are old argument 10 of the 15 players on the roster are 28 or younger including Tony Parker, that's not old at all, RJ Manu and Duncan are the oldies who may see their window of winning a championship with this team closing, but 2-3 years you might see a whole nother monster here in San Antonio because they are not old...

Edited by Pinkie Pie

Possibly, all I'm saying is Tim Duncan was very healthy, Manu was a bit hurt and Tony Parker was full health for the end of season, thats really as healthy as you ever going to see them at this age...at least imo, and yeah obviously the Grizz are better, at the time I said that I was still expecting them to get swept by Thunder, but their D is real...

Tim was probably about as healthy as he was going to be but late in March he did sprain his ankle, he said himself he wasn't 100%. that's not an excuse, because the Grizz were obviously the better team.

Should be a long painful offseason. This team as currently constructed are not championship contenders, I would hate for the Spurs to bring back the same roster, they need to do something (easier said than done) but if they bring back the same players they might as well blow the team up.