Offical NFL Draft Thread

ChosenOne

Great draft so far, Shanahan is doing everything in his power to make this team younger, couldn't be happier with all of the trades he has made. The Hankerson pick was genius, this kid has big play potential written all over him. He's a pretty big guy, can catch a high difficulty of passes, and has huge hands and a high vert. Kiper said he was a second round talent, which is excellent considering we essentially traded one of our seconds for him while picking up an extra few picks tomorrow.

Jarvis Jenkins was also a great pick in the second round. I watched him a lot in college, he completely tore Maryland apart this season, and is just a flat out beast. I originally had him being a NT, but apparently Shanahan views him as a DE.

Can't wait to see what we do tomorrow, hopefully we grab another receiver, and then draft a few O-linemen. CB is also another position we can look at.

Ryan Mallet had the same vertical and 40 yard dash time that Brady did, and both had six QB's drafted ahead of them.

The empire continues to thrive!!!!!

Also, I love how the media is making it seem like Mallet has character issues. There's only one documented case of him drinking, and Scam Newton has many more character issues.

Mallett has more then one documented case of drinking, and it's been confirmed by more then enough sources in the media (Schefter had tweets on it, Arkansas newspaper and his teammates have gone out and said it). But I guess he's good enough to stash on the bench for 3 or 4 years to recoup a better pick. I just don't see the point when you have Brady and a development guy in Hoyer already. But Mallett is going to be a good player so it's irrelevant I suppose.

I thought Washington and Kansas City have both had the best drafts so far.

Ryan Mallet had the same vertical and 40 yard dash time that Brady did, and both had six QB's drafted ahead of them.

The empire continues to thrive!!!!!

Also, I love how the media is making it seem like Mallet has character issues. There's only one documented case of him drinking, and Scam Newton has many more character issues.

I feel like you are one of those annoying fans who would be happy at any draft pick the pats make, even if they drafted some CFL guy...

Mallett has more then one documented case of drinking, and it's been confirmed by more then enough sources in the media (Schefter had tweets on it, Arkansas newspaper and his teammates have gone out and said it). But I guess he's good enough to stash on the bench for 3 or 4 years to recoup a better pick. I just don't see the point when you have Brady and a development guy in Hoyer already. But Mallett is going to be a good player so it's irrelevant I suppose.

I thought Washington and Kansas City have both had the best drafts so far.

Please, find me the links where they are confirmed by the university and police. You're basing it on here-say, so please, find me the many links with real sources that you claim exist.

Cam Newton had ten times the problems that Mallett has had.

Also, I like the pick, but I'm perfectly fine with Brady for the next 3-5+ years.

By the end of this draft I think it'll be hard to grade teams with a C or below, a lot of teams have had either solid drafts or very good drafts due to the wealth of potential and ability shown by a lot of these players. Creates parity, which I love to see in Professional leagues.

Arizona went through a spell where everyone was always picking the Cardinals to make the playoffs. Every year the Cards would fail expectations and they'd fall flat on their face. Public opinion of the Cardinals then went down, and with no pressure, Arizona made the playoffs and the Super Bowl. I'm not saying we could see an exact replica of that for Houston, but it's a very similar situation. I could see Houston making the playoffs with the moves they've made, they picked up two very, very good players for their 34 in Watt and Reed. Two corners in Harris and Carmichael that are quite good. So they're doing the right things to tool that defense up and make it tough for Indy and the like to pass and run.

Indianapolis is on the downswing, Jacksonville is an unknown after last season and Tennessee is an enigma. Any different year a team steps up and challenges Indianapolis, this year is Houston in my opinion.

Have the Texans ever made the playoffs?

The answer is no. Don't see them changing that in the near future, with or without Manning on the Colts.

We were an average defense away from making it. No one in our division scares me either.

OK, if ECN wants to get excited for one pick in the later rounds, it's that one. One of the steals of the draft so far, Cannon has cancer and that dropped him down from a probable Chicago pick in the late first down to the middle of the fifth round. Left Guard of the next 10 years I'm thinking.

Arizona went through a spell where everyone was always picking the Cardinals to make the playoffs. Every year the Cards would fail expectations and they'd fall flat on their face. Public opinion of the Cardinals then went down, and with no pressure, Arizona made the playoffs and the Super Bowl. I'm not saying we could see an exact replica of that for Houston, but it's a very similar situation. I could see Houston making the playoffs with the moves they've made, they picked up two very, very good players for their 34 in Watt and Reed. Two corners in Harris and Carmichael that are quite good. So they're doing the right things to tool that defense up and make it tough for Indy and the like to pass and run.

Indianapolis is on the downswing, Jacksonville is an unknown after last season and Tennessee is an enigma. Any different year a team steps up and challenges Indianapolis, this year is Houston in my opinion.

People have been picking Houston for three years now, and the Texans haven't won anything, and have choked against the Colts as well. It's the same thing people have been saying with the 49er's the past two seasons, myself included. However, the one major difference in that comparison is that the NFC West doesn't have a future HOF QB with excellent talent surrounding him.

I'll believe it when I see it, and Houston is not winning the AFC South this year.

OK, if ECN wants to get excited for one pick in the later rounds, it's that one. One of the steals of the draft so far, Cannon has cancer and that dropped him down from a probable Chicago pick in the late first down to the middle of the fifth round. Left Guard of the next 10 years I'm thinking.

I'm happy with their first pick. I remember people laughing about McCourty last year, and look how he turned out. It won't work like that with every play, but I like them addressing the secondary.

I do wish that they got an impact WR, but I guess they are hoping for Taylor Price to be that person..........