Offical NFL Draft Thread

ChosenOne

Only question mark so far in this draft is Shanahan not targeting any Offensive linemen. We desperately need some depth there, and he has yet to use a pick on one. I'm pretty excited about Roy Helu, whenever Shanahan trades up to draft a RB, it's usually a sign that he's really high on them and thinks they can make an immediate impact on our team. That was a great choice, Torrain is always hurt, it doesn't hurt to have some depth in the backfield.

My only complaint is that I felt we could have gotten a better player at 11 in the first round but Watt is far from a terrible player. I would have been ecstatic about him if we traded down a few slots, but if Wade feels like he was the best player available in terms of talent and fit then I'm okay.

I feel like we had arguably the best 2nd round out of any team and then we tipped it off by selecting a low risk-high reward corner in the 4th round, a physical safety in the 5th, and a backup quarterback in case Matt Schaub ever gets injured.

Grade: A (assuming we're done)

Just drafted two more skill position players, Aldrick Robinson and Evan Royster. Not too upset with the picks, but like I said before, I'd prefer an OL. Either way, I hope these two contribute, Robinson is another speedy receiver that has good hands, while Evan is another prototypical ZBS RB, perfect for Shanahan's offense.

I'm happy with their first pick. I remember people laughing about McCourty last year, and look how he turned out. It won't work like that with every play, but I like them addressing the secondary.

I do wish that they got an impact WR, but I guess they are hoping for Taylor Price to be that person..........

Yeah we needed OL with Light a FA and Mankins getting the tag. We completed revamped our running game though, we had spots with Faulk, Morris, Taylor expiring. It looks like we might run the ball more this year, if we can add a real good run game our offense is scarier with our TEs(I know BJGE ran for 1k but he never really scared you and he failed on drives a lot on 3rd/4th and 1-2s when he got stuffed). We can never have enough CBs as we learned last year losing Bodden, Dowling is a great athlete and only slipped because of injuries this year.

Wish we would have gotten a OLB but with the young guys on our team our defense will only improve and I am guessing BB felt with the lockout hurting rookies coming in and the way our team played last year we could replenish some spots for the future and continue our revamp to be a more physical offensive team.

I am fine with no WR as I think our roster now we can do well there this year.

As for Mallett its just a value pick. Carrying a 3rd QB isnt a bad thing and Mallett could net us a 1st or 2nd in the future from a QB needy team, or even Hoyer. Plus having a quality backup is never a bad thing. As long as Brady is around and healthy he is our guy but as we saw in '08 you need a backup.

But as always with the draft we will never know until we see these guys play.

Edited by Taber