GM1: Boston at Miami

Real Deal

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think LeBron has a big series because as we saw int he regular season, he managed to have some pretty great averages against them. I think we need to use the same strategy as the last game of the year and turn Wade's focus into defense and stopping Allen. I think Bosh is going to have a solid series. Maybe not as great as the Philly series, but he'll match whatever KG does IMO. My only worry is that Udonis and Mike may not play. I just think we're going to go into that next gear that most teams have. Nothing against Philly, but it was fairly obvious that we were coasting against them and Barkley said that much after the series ended.

I might be crazy but give me Miami in 5 or 6. More likely 6.

Edited by Flash

Yeah I see LBJ having a huge series, but I think Wade struggles as he did in the regular season. As for Bosh, I think it helps not having Perkins in there, he should be able to play fairly well with only Garnett on him.

I think most of the games go down to the wire, but as history proves, Celtics are the superior team when it comes to closing out games. And for that reason, the Celtics should be able to win it in 6 or 7. Rondo just needs to keep attacking the basket and finding ways to make the Heat focus on him a little more on offense. If he's hitting those midrange jumpers, the Celtics are at their best.

Miami's frontcourt depth is really going to be exposed this series especially, and I'm confident that Doc will coach circles around Spoelestra.

And Flash, there's no way Miami wins in 6, I can't see them beating the Celtics in Boston. If anything, they win in 5 or 7.

I don't know why people think LeBron will suddenly flip the switch and show up in the fourth quarter. The Heat will go as far as DWade takes them and LeBron's job to to stat pile in the first three quarters of the game along with Bosh.

I don't know why people think LeBron will suddenly flip the switch and show up in the fourth quarter. The Heat will go as far as DWade takes them and LeBron's job to to stat pile in the first three quarters of the game along with Bosh.

Lol, this act never gets tired.

In my opinion, all the pressure is on Wade. He is going to have to will them to win in the close games. I've seen two years of Cavs/Celtics in the playoffs. The Celtics know how to play LeBron.

...and the pressure isn't on LeBron?

Your logic is beyond terrible. Every one of the big three has a ton of pressure on them, if anything, LeBron has the most because he's the best player in the game and has yet to win a ring.

The Celtics knowing how to defend LeBron has nothing to do with this.

Defending LBJ in a CLE-BOS series is 10x different than a BOS-MIA series. The Celtics aren't going to be playing 5 on 1 anymore, so they don't "know" shit, at least due to the past 2 years that you watched. Also, some people think the 4th quarter is only 1 minute long, but it is actually 12 minutes just like the rest, and in those 12 minutes, LBJ remains one of the most dominant players in the NBA more often than not.

It sucks you're still bitter, but just try and be rational, it's all we neutral fans ask.

This should be an awesome series, physical, great story, and should be a bunch of close games, sucks I am gonna be out all day, would love to see this one.

• Owner

Jeff Green is going to help them out in defending James, but the bigger problem will be not having Perk inside. I already produced the numbers proving his effectiveness on the defensive end (without Garnett as well), and I think it'll show more in this series than any other.

I'm not going to pick one or the other, though. My initial pick was the Celtics, when they had Perkins. Right now, it's hard to say. I don't think Haslem will be back for this series. If Shaq isn't going to play in ANY of these games, I'm going to say it'll be a seven-gamer.

Otherwise, Boston can win this in six.

If we lose any games at home we are screwed, and we can't afford to let them do what the 76ers did to us in the first quarter....unlike the 76ers, the Celtics can hold their lead by playing defense.

Like RD said, if Perkins as still a Celtic then they would have been my choice to win the series but without him it's going to be very hard. Series will go to 6 or 7 for sure and Boston should be able to pull it out but it can go either way which makes this series so exciting. The matchups are also very interesting with Allen-Wade, Pierce-LBJ, and Bosh-KG. Rondo should be able to duplicate the performances he put on against the Knicks and dice up the Heat defense unless Wade defends him instead of Bibby and Chalmers. This series will determine how bad or good of a coach Spoelstra really is, but nonetheless this is set up to be one of the greatest series ever.

I really hope Haslem comes back....he might not be good at all, but his energy will provide a huge boost to the team and the crowd. I have no idea what his status is or why we would let him play for the first time in a big time series, but I want to see it happen.

This whole series is going to be awesome. The Celtics need to watch out for the Heat 3 point shooters. I really feel like the Heat role players will be the X factor in this series. If they can keep them under control they should be able to take this game and this series.

The Celtics are the only team who swept his opponent in the first round. They didn't end the season very well (just like last year), but woke up in the playoffs (just like last year), which is not surprising at all. New York had some injury trouble but still the way Boston dominated us was very impressive. This despite the fact that Shaq didn't play.. Contrary to what some people might think the Celtics are still here and are definitely the team to beat in the East.

The Heat haven't been very impressive in the first round. Not only they lost one game to Philly but they barely won the other ones... Yet the Sixers were the less good team of the playoffs (yes Indiana is a better team overall than them in my opinion, despite the fact that the Sixers have a better record..). The Heat should have destroyed them. So I'm still not convinced by this team to be honest. Although the Celtics had a lot of trouble against the Hawks in the first round in 2008, yet they eventually won a ring. So it doesn't mean anything at the same time.

But honestly if Shaq plays and stay healthy, and in fact if all the Celtics stay healthy and are all at their very best, I personally believe that they can win 4-1 or 4-2 at worst. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they even swept them... Even if I don't think it will happen. Anyhow the Celtics have a much better chemistry, they are the deepest team, they are more experienced. And defensively the Heat showed that they could have a terrific defense but their D lacks of regularity. So I also give an advantage to Boston here as well. It doesn't mean that they will win for sure but Boston is definitely the better team overall IMO.