OTR Hall of Fame Jerseys?

• Owner

I know I said I probably wasn't going to go back to doing these, but it seemed like a lot of you liked the idea when I first introduced it. Once OTR was hacked, I just never put it back up.

What would be the criteria? One obvious criteria would be post count, although I don't want that to be the only one. Right now, I'm sitting on 40k posts. I know a few of us have 15k or more.

Back when we were smaller, I'd give out the positions to anyone with 8k or more posts. Now, we have a lot of those posters...so we have to keep that in mind.

• Like 1

I think it would be neat if a member could have their jersey retired in their favorite team's forum, and that could be separate from the Hall of Fame, which relates to overall posting.

As for the selection process, maybe set up a group of five members and conduct the voting similarly to the baseball HOF? Voting could occur at the same time as member awards.

Post count, time on site, rep, overall quality as deemed by you and other admins, never been banned, etc.

Hell no to the rep idea.

Postcount, Time one site (min years requirement), and general contribution to the site.

Also going what wali said when the player is retired he should be retired in his own jersey, and there should be a voting done for members to get in. Maybe keep a limit to how many people a year should be allowed into the OTR HOF.

Post count, time on site, rep, overall quality as deemed by you and other admins, never been banned, etc.

Never being banned is a poor way to conduct voting, if you are saying that someone that has been banned can't make it. I'm saying that because Yugo should be someone that gets in, but he's been suspended and stuff before. :lol: .

How about like every year we have nominations for hall of fame, you need 5 nominations to get considered. Then we have a panel of HoF members and you need 75% approval from the HoF to get in...

Hell no to the rep idea.

Postcount, Time one site (min years requirement), and general contribution to the site.

Also going what wali said when the player is retired he should be retired in his own jersey, and there should be a voting done for members to get in. Maybe keep a limit to how many people a year should be allowed into the OTR HOF.

Agreed with this criteria.

Real Deal should select judges, hold nominations and then a vote among the judges. Either that or just have a forum vote and the top 3-5 people with the most votes get in.

It should be like how its done in basketball. In basketball you dont have a certain amount of points to be in the HOF. Or to have your jersey retired.

For retiring jerseys in the team sections, have the fanbase for that team vote. Hall of fame should be seperate, and that should be voted on by the moderators/admins.

It should be like how its done in basketball. In basketball you dont have a certain amount of points to be in the HOF. Or to have your jersey retired.

For retiring jerseys in the team sections, have the fanbase for that team vote. Hall of fame should be seperate, and that should be voted on by the moderators/admins.

So if I'm the only Bucks fan here to I get in by default?

I like that or the panel idea. Also Brandon I'm curious why only some of the members got their old post counts added to their current total?

Yeah... I probably had at least what I have now before the hack (maybe even 5k). But it's whatever. Post count doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I like that or the panel idea. Also Brandon I'm curious why only some of the members got their old post counts added to their current total?

Yeah you have been jewed like 7k post and me like 5.5k :(, dont really give a shit though. :lol:

• Owner

Those that weren't handed more posts, or didn't have their dates changed...it didn't happen because I had no proof of what you guys had before the hack. Using those archives, most of the members had profiles, or were shown in topics, or shown on friends' lists (with post counts), so it was necessary. To be fair, I can't just take anyone's word for it.

If you guys can find your old profile, or something with your post count on it (or date joined), by using the web archive site...

http://web.archive.org/web/20080802120844/www.otrbasketball.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1910

It'd be nice if we could have a HOF for most quality posters (Nitro, Blasco, etc) rather than just guys who are active and supposedly funny with high reps as a result.

Yeah that's why you have to have a limited amount of people going into the HOF.

My criteria:

3 years

12k posts

OTR members vote for 5-7 members to be nominees

OTR HOF'ers select 3 member to be inducted into the HOF

HOF'ers get there member name put on the back of there rep team jersey and inducted into the HOF section.

Those that weren't handed more posts, or didn't have their dates changed...it didn't happen because I had no proof of what you guys had before the hack. Using those archives, most of the members had profiles, or were shown in topics, or shown on friends' lists (with post counts), so it was necessary. To be fair, I can't just take anyone's word for it.

If you guys can find your old profile, or something with your post count on it (or date joined), by using the web archive site...

http://web.archive.org/web/20080802120844/www.otrbasketball.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1910

couldn't access my profile but

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/joindate-1.jpg

best i could get....