Is Zbo the best PF in the NBA?

AboveLegit

1. Dirk

2. Gasol

3. Amar'e

4. Bosh

5. Aldridge?

so hardly top 5...

He's just hot right now, hitting all his jump shots...

Flash doesn't lead to a player being better. I'll give you Dirk and Gasol, there's an argument for them, but Amare, Bosh, and Aldridge? Amare is a horrible rebounder, and a ball stopper, Bosh is a third wheel once he gets on a team with actual talent, and Randolph is a better rebounder and better post player than Aldridge. Period. I'll take Randolph over those flashy, more athletic players any day of the week. Randolph probably has the ugliest style of play in the league. He's unathletic, has dunked twice in his NBA career, and he doesn't have these agile post moves that players like Gasol have. He has the best hands in the league, fights for loose balls, and has a reliable jumper. It isn't pretty, but it's damn effective.

Flash doesn't lead to a player being better. I'll give you Dirk and Gasol, there's an argument for them, but Amare, Bosh, and Aldridge? Amare is a horrible rebounder, and a ball stopper, Bosh is a third wheel once he gets on a team with actual talent, and Randolph is a better rebounder and better post player than Aldridge. Period. I'll take Randolph over those flashy, more athletic players any day of the week. Randolph probably has the ugliest style of play in the league. He's unathletic, has dunked twice in his NBA career, and he doesn't have these agile post moves that players like Gasol have. He has the best hands in the league, fights for loose balls, and has a reliable jumper. It isn't pretty, but it's damn effective.

Amar'e both offensively and defensively is a better player than Randolph, he has a lot more versatility on offense because of his athleticism. On defense he and Ranolph both suck man to man, however Amar'e plays a lot better help D, blocks and challenges a lot of shots, makes much more of an impact. Yes Randolph is a great rebounder but I don't thinking rebounding makes him better.

Bosh is better in the post, face up, has a better jumpshot, basically everything offensively and defesively, just because Bosh is a third wheel right now doesn't mean he is more talented.

Aldridge I don't know if he's better, just making the point you can put 5 PF's over him. My list has nothing to do with 'flash' as you might say. I am actually a fan of his style of offense, however there is a lot of things those other 3 PF's do that Zach doesn't and a key thing is blocking shots. You need to have your big men to have the presence inside or else guards and fowards will slash the shit of you because they have no fear of getting blocked.

Anyway, I've had Zach on the Knicks, I know what he does just as much as you. IMHO, Dirk Gasol Amar'e and Bosh, better.

Nothing about the way Randolph plays shows how particularly talented he is. It's all about his effectiveness. He gets points off tip-ins, and out working the defense to get open. Randolph will never be an intimidating factor as far as shot blocking goes because he's only around 6'9 and ridiculously unathletic. Randolph, since joining the Grizzlies at least, is never afraid to take contact, and can out muscle a lot of big men in the low post, which often makes up for his lack of ability in blocking shots.

It's not that he's better than he was in the past or has been always playing this well (he hasn't), but he's playing smarter right now and is within the offense in Memphis. He's not taking ill advised shots, there's actually some focus into making the team better, something that wasn't on his radar before. No one is saying he's the best PF in the league from an overall standpoint, but right now, he's outplaying every power forward in the league other than probably Dirk (who has been the best PF this whole season and up to this point).

Really he retired? I didn't know that just because the Magic were eliminated he doesn't play anymore?

I would assume the quote denotes that it's players current playing in the Playoffs, especially since Flash made the post at a time Dwight was no longer playing

Edited by BasX