GM2: Dallas at LA Lakers (DAL 1-0)

Were still going to win this series. Tonight was just another pathetic effort from us. We can do much better then letting Barea get wide open lanes and layups. This team is so damn stubborn they need to be on the brink before they turn it on. We have never been faced with this kind of challenge though, down 0-2 at home, thats just embarrassing.

Sounded too optimistic bro. I haven't lost faith in the Lakers yet but the way they keep playing man they haven't shown any reason to put more faith or stock in them.

Wow... Wow, wow, wow.

I had to wake up at 4:30 AM to watch the first two games of this series but I don't regret it one bit lol. Dirk is my favorite player since Starks and Ewing retired, the Mavs are my second favorite team since Dirk arrived in the league, so I'm happier than ever right now. This team has definitely a strong chance to win it all (been saying that since before the season started) and I'm particularly glad that I never stopped to believe in them. That I kept believing in them when they choked in Portland in game 4 (contrary to most people... what d'I tell you htown ? ;)).

The series is certainly not over though. And the Lakers can still come back, that's for sure. A series is never over until one team wins four games. But... honestly, the team that wins the first game usually wins the series, and the Mavs won the first two games AWAY ! So it's certainly not good for the Lakers. Not good at all... Besides the last time the Lakers lost their first two games AT HOME was in 77 against Portland, and the Blazers just swept them.

Oh and Dirk is the best PF in the world indeed, and by far, I've been saying that for years now. Definitely not arguable.

LET'S GO MAVS !!!

• Like 1

This is the first time I've ever thought LA might be done. Have they been down 2-0 in a series since 08?

One other post just said it last time LA was down 2-0 and lost those 2 games at home they got swept by the Blazers.

Sounded too optimistic bro. I haven't lost faith in the Lakers yet but the way they keep playing man they haven't shown any reason to put more faith or stock in them.

Well thing is they really cant play any worse. Mavs can only go so long winning on simple pick and roll basketball. A 3rd grader could figure out its killing us, Im pretty sure Phil can stop it.

What a test it'll be for the Lakers and Boston moving forward. Boston has a better chance because they're at home but both teams are really on the ropes right now.

Well thing is they really cant play any worse. Mavs can only go so long winning on simple pick and roll basketball. A 3rd grader could figure out its killing us, Im pretty sure Phil can stop it.

Lol Lakers have had trouble with P&R for years, especially P-Jax. Plus, the mavs arent just playing the P&R, they are spreading the floor, putting the lakers on their heels, the transition game is also in our favor.

SMH @ Phil cracking jokes in the press conference right now. He shouldn't be trying to play it off. IMO the Lakers' lack of a sense of urgency is coming from him right now. I know they're a veteran team, but he's being way too relaxed right now.

SMH @ Phil cracking jokes in the press conference right now. He shouldn't be trying to play it off. IMO the Lakers' lack of a sense of urgency is coming from him right now. I know they're a veteran team, but he's being way too relaxed right now.

Phil has 11 rings, hes not going to be yelling and screaming like Stan Van Gundy. He has every right to crack jokes, all he can do is create a gameplan, its on the team to execute it.

They shouldnt lack urgency no matter what, even if Phil did stand up comedy. Theyre down 0-2 now and if they cant find a reason to play hard then they deserve to lose. Im going to have nightmares of Barea getting a wide open lane.

Edited by kingfish

Phil has 11 rings, hes not going to be yelling and screaming like Stan Van Gundy. He has every right to crack jokes, all he can do is create a gameplan, its on the team to execute it.

They shouldnt lack urgency no matter what, even if Phil did stand up comedy. Theyre down 0-2 now and if they cant find a reason to play hard then they deserve to lose. Im going to have nightmares of Barea getting a wide open lane.

It has 0 to do with his past accolades. The Lakers are clearly missing a sense of urgency right now, which was the worry going into the post-season for you guys. You might be able to out-talent the Hornets, but not Dallas. There needs to be more of a sense of urgency and desperation from the Lakers and it needs to start at the top.

It has 0 to do with his past accolades. The Lakers are clearly missing a sense of urgency right now, which was the worry going into the post-season for you guys. You might be able to out-talent the Hornets, but not Dallas. There needs to be more of a sense of urgency and desperation from the Lakers and it needs to start at the top.

Well either way, were about to find out if they care or not.

• Owner

Bynum is our second option now. I would personally apologize to him for ever wanting him traded over Pau Gasol, if given the chance. I wasn't too excited over his Game 1 numbers, but when he was out there with Brown and Blake, he wasn't getting the ball at all, so the eight shot attempts didn't tell us much.

Gasol is a damn loser. I don't care if he was playing well during our two championship runs, today matters most. After last night, he has driven to the top of my most hated list, over LeBron. I'm honestly sick of his flopping and moaning, walking to Dirk when he takes his jumpers and not bothering to contest them, being three seconds late on any help, not taking any responsibility in post-game interviews, demanding more touches but being passive as hell, and playing 20 feet from the rim despite having Dirk Nowitzki on him.

I have no idea where Odom's stupid ass was at last night, stopping to talk to someone in the crowd at least 4-5 different times, promising a win (probably Khloe).

Steve Blake hasn't done anything, in a two-game stretch, this entire season...and Phil Jackson playing this goon as long as he did?

Makes me sick talking about it.

• Like 1

That's Phil's style at this stage of his career. He's not going to scream and yell. He's never really been much like that, actually.

I don't feel bad for the Lakers fans right now (sorry guys :)). I hope they come back and make it an interesting series, but ya'll have won back-to-back championships. You guys have more rings this past two years than the Knicks have playoff wins this decade.

Edited by JYD

That's Phil's style at this stage of his career. He's not going to scream and yell. He's never really been much like that, actually.

I don't feel bad for the Lakers fans right now (sorry guys :)). I hope they come back and make it an interesting series, but ya'll have won back-to-back championships. You guys have more rings this past two years than the Knicks have playoff wins this decade.

Well considering they haven't won a playoff game (IIRC) this decade... :lol:

Bynum is our second option now. I would personally apologize to him for ever wanting him traded over Pau Gasol, if given the chance. I wasn't too excited over his Game 1 numbers, but when he was out there with Brown and Blake, he wasn't getting the ball at all, so the eight shot attempts didn't tell us much.

Gasol is a damn loser. I don't care if he was playing well during our two championship runs, today matters most. After last night, he has driven to the top of my most hated list, over LeBron. I'm honestly sick of his flopping and moaning, walking to Dirk when he takes his jumpers and not bothering to contest them, being three seconds late on any help, not taking any responsibility in post-game interviews, demanding more touches but being passive as hell, and playing 20 feet from the rim despite having Dirk Nowitzki on him.

I have no idea where Odom's stupid ass was at last night, stopping to talk to someone in the crowd at least 4-5 different times, promising a win (probably Khloe).

Steve Blake hasn't done anything, in a two-game stretch, this entire season...and Phil Jackson playing this goon as long as he did?

Makes me sick talking about it.

That was the ugliest game I've watched the Lakers play.. and even though the series is basically over.

None of us would be surprised if they won 2 in dallas...

That was the ugliest game I've watched the Lakers play.. and even though the series is basically over.

None of us would be surprised if they won 2 in dallas...

I would :lol: The Lakers have been outscored 140-115 on their home court over the past 60 or so minutes of this series

and:

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/22990-artest-suspended-for-1-game-game-3/page__pid__268066#entry268066

The Lakers can win but I would def be surprised if they did...

Like I said I dont expect them to win.. but if they play like they can.. I would not be like WOW I cant believe they just won in Dallas.

They just never surprise me anymore. They can suck and they can look like champions, u just never know.