Goblin- Tyler, the Creator LEAKED!

Hawks Fly High

I've never really given the whole Odd Future thing a real chance. Is he good? He seems a little over the top, and angry for my liking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/arts/music/tyler-the-creator-of-odd-future-and-goblin.html?_r=1&ref=music

Good article on him for those of you who seem to really like Tyler The Creator.

It's definitely graphic. That's how I felt about early Eminem and some Tech N9ne songs, but it has grown on to me

Don't listen much to Tech N9ne but obviously I'm very familiar with Eminem's discography - the thing about Eminem and what differs in him from Tyler, the Creator and OFWGKTA music is that Eminem's music seemingly had purpose? I'm not going to say it was real political, like a Lupe, because for the most part it wasn't, but Eminem had a lot of songs that - I guess for a lack of a better term - had meaning...From the very little, and I admit, very little I've listened to Odd Future, they don't seem all that talented? Am I fair in that assessment? I guess not? I mean, what are they rapping about? It seems he just raps vulgar lyrics that amount to nothing. Is he telling a story? What are his songs about? Just a bunch of made up lies that are supposed to be entertaining? I mean, I don't get the point behind the movement.

Tyler is good and I've listened to some of his other stuff but I've never really been a fan of him, he just raps about shit too negative lol. Lets see if this album can change my opinion on him.