2009 New York Yankees

Carmelamare

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch...Wang surgery <_< .

Sorry somebody had to say it.

He actually wasn't pitching too badly in his last few starts prior to the injury. His sinker was starting to dive more, and his outings may not have been stellar, but they were good enough for us to win games.

He actually wasn't pitching too badly in his last few starts prior to the injury. His sinker was starting to dive more, and his outings may not have been stellar, but they were good enough for us to win games.

Agreed.

We should get Washburn! I do not want to depend on Sergio Mitre every 5 days!

Does somebody want to give Joba Chamberlain the memo that it is not a good thing to throw at a players head?

He has done this a good amount of times, and he's done it to Kevin Youkilis a lot, and somebody on the New York Yankees is going to pay the price for him doing this, and it won't be someone hitting A-Rod is the ribs like last year, it will be at the head or the wrist.

He needs to cut the [expletive].

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Does somebody want to give Joba Chamberlain the memo that it is not a good thing to throw at a players head?

He has done this a good amount of times, and he's done it to Kevin Youkilis a lot, and somebody on the New York Yankees is going to pay the price for him doing this, and it won't be someone hitting A-Rod is the ribs like last year, it will be at the head or the wrist.

He needs to cut the [expletive].

The only thing is that Longoria is only the second player I am aware of that he's thrown at, and I don't see why he'd intentionally throw at either of their heads. I mean, he does have control problems. On the other hand, it is worth wondering why he's thrown at Youk more than once.

The only thing is that Longoria is only the second player I am aware of that he's thrown at, and I don't see why he'd intentionally throw at either of their heads. I mean, he does have control problems. On the other hand, it is worth wondering why he's thrown at Youk more than once.

I'm not sure who else he has come close to hitting in the head, but obviously since I am a Boston Red Sox fan I'm not going to like him throwing at Kevin Youkilis.

Maybe it is just some control problems, but who knows?

I do think he has a problem with Kevin Youkilis though.

George Steinbrenner paid a visit to the Yankees yesterday in St. Petersburg and was happy with the team's standing.

The Yanks have acquired RHP Jason Hirsh from Colorado for a player to be named and assigned Hirsh to AAA.

Yankees acquire Chad Gaudin from San Diego :). Potential #5 guy in the rotation.

The Yankees acquired right-handed pitcher Chad Gaudin from the Padres Thursday for a player to be named.

Gaudin, 26, was 4-10 with a 5.13 ERA in 20 outings for the Padres this season, his seventh in the big leagues. He has recorded 105 strikeouts in 105 1/3 innings, but also has walked 56 batters. Once ranked among the top prospects for the Rays, Gaudin has bounced between the rotation and the bullpen for the Padres, Cubs and Athletics in recent years, posting a career 32-35 record and 4.58 ERA.

As recently as July, Gaudin was named the National League co-Player of the Week, striking out 20 batters in two starts -- both wins -- and allowing just two earned runs.

Link

• 2 weeks later...

Teixeira passes the 100 RBI mark with 4 RBI's today. What a season he's having. Sixth straight year with 30 and 100. I loved how they showed his eyes opening up wide as the pitch came and he hit the home run.

And Jeter is 11 hits away from tying Gehrig as the all-time Yankees hits leader.

Back on the road we go.