Is Pau Gasol time playing in LA over?

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They way he has been playing this playoffs has everyone in LA frustrated and is the main reason why Lakers have been falling short of their goals this season. Now 3-0 down to Dallas and is now completely lost all his confidence it look's like his time in LA for Pau Gasol could be over. Do you guys think this is the last stop for Pau Gasol wearing a Laker uniform?

where is the otha option

What other option? Have you seen Pau's contract? Pau is locked in for the next 3 years and is approximately gonna make 17-20 million these years and is 31 going on to 32 please man. I know it's doubtful he will get traded but for those who vote he will get traded just list some potential team's at least that you think will make good potential partners for LA to at least be thinking of trading Pau for that package a team can offer.

Edited by magicbalala245

Man, a guy is an integral part of your team winning two rings and you want to just kick him to the curb. Lakers fans are vicious.

Here's a different question. Now that Kobe's no longer unstoppable, how long will he want to play as a mortal? Especially without Phil to manage the team.

By the way, here's BP's take on the game.

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1697

• Like 2

Man, a guy is an integral part of your team winning two rings and you want to just kick him to the curb. Lakers fans are vicious.

Here's a different question. Now that Kobe's no longer unstoppable, how long will he want to play as a mortal? Especially without Phil to manage the team.

By the way, here's BP's take on the game.

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1697

I agree, I find it kind of laughable. Any other fanbase but the lakers would be more than not satisfied to get back to back rings. Hell, I still love rex grossman just for that amazing superbowl memories he gave us. I just think its the lakers as a whole, the teams age is finally catching up on them.

Pau has been atrocious the entire postseason. He hasn't really played well since the first half of the regular season. I've been reading around and a lot of people are saying he is dealing with personal issues outside of basketball. I think physically, Pau should be fine. He rested up this summer and didn't play for Spain, so I don't think fatigue is an excuse. However, watching him play, he clearly isn't the same player he was last year, or the year before. It doesn't seem like he's mentally checked into games at this point. He's making mistakes on routine plays offensively and defensively, and that just shouldn't happen for somebody with so much basketball IQ. It's not like he's being out muscled and beatened up in the paint like he was in 2008, he simply isn't focused. I'm personally a believer in the speculation that something bad has happened in his personal life, that he's suffering from depression, or something of that nature. You just don't go from being one of the best power forwards in the game to a borderline scrub. Well maybe that's a little harsh, but he's been that bad.

As for Pau's standing on the team, I'm not going to be the one to trash him, although I know many Laker fans will. I do think he deserved the boos he got in Game 2 at Staples, because he's simply playing awful basketball. But I'm not willing to throw him under the bus just yet and trade him away in the offseason. Obviously if you have a deal for someone like Dwight Howard or somebody who can guarantee us improvements, trade him. But I'm willing to see the real reason behind this collapse and I'm willing to give Pau another shot. He's simply too good of a player to just throw away.

Laker fans also need to realize that without Pau, there would be no back to back titles. He was a key part, and instrumental in our two championships. Very few could have replaced the production he gave us. That being said, I still respect Pau a ton. I still like the guy and I'll continue rooting for him, I'll cheer him on in game 4. In the years that he's been here he's been a true professional and one of the classiest guys on the team. Whatever happens, I'd gladly take these two championships he helped us win over any other alternatives. I have too much respect for him and he's done too much for us just to just kick him to the curb. I know that there is much more than what meets the eye, something we don't know is really effecting his play right now. I just hope he's feeling alright and everything gets back on track in his personal life.

Edited by The Artesticle
  • Like 1

Damn, some fans are spoiled. 29 other teams in the league would love to have Pau. :lol:

He just needs to be a little more aggressive and learn how to play defense. Every player struggles once in a while, unfortunately for Laker fans, Pau's has come at a crucial time.

Edited by Legacy

I think Pau is much better than what he's shown... I just think "playing tough" is a personality clash issue... He has a personality that contradicts the way he's supposed to play, aka "aggressive". But this has been really maddening, it's not acceptable for an all star to go through long stretches like this. It's not that he cannot bounce back, it's more like he doesn't want to... it's almost like he's doing it on purpose.

He's helped us win 2 championships...yes, I know that what matters is now and that he's playing like absolute monkey shit but I doubt he gets traded this off'season.

Reading some Laker fans comments outside this board is just smh material...as if he hasn't done nothing for us the past 3 years. I hate Pau right now, but I can still recognize and be grateful for what he's done.

I get what you guys are saying by Pau did help us win two championships and that is true without him we wouldn't have not gone to 3 straight NBA Finals and win 2 out of those 3 but what I'm trying to say is what if LA maxed out Pau and we got the most championships with Pau now. Is it time to move on and rebuild?

No...hell no.

Just last year, people were writing off Dallas saying they were done after losing in the first round and look at them now. One playoff series lose doesnt mean it's all over. Do we have to make some slight adjustments to the lineup? Yeah, but it´s not like Kobe and Gasol are 36 years old. They still got some fire in them and call me a homer or whatever but I still think we have another 2-3 years of being an elite team with Kobe holding the reigns.

• Owner

I would do everything in my power to make him the centerpiece in a trade that brings Howard or CP3 to Los Angeles. It's a stretch, but if we're willing to take on a nasty contract in the process (say, Gilbert) and dish out every pick we possibly can, give them Jeanie Buss, whatever...we need to do it. Just lay it out there.

I understand that Gasol has helped us win two championships, but he was not the primary option, and there are guys like Ron who, basically, did as much on the defensive end as Gasol did back on offense last season (Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce...two guys who could've destroyed us didn't get a chance to).

With Drew looking like he finally has his head screwed on right, we have to take the chance and bank on his health. We aren't trading him, we gave him a ton of money, and we'll probably keep him, so it's time we lean on him a little and build around him and Kobe, one last time, before Kobe is done.

Gasol isn't entirely the reason the Lakers are down 0-3, the Lakers age is a big reason too. Gasol, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Barnes, Blake, and Fisher are all 30+ years old and the Lakers have no good youth.

Its the end of the Laker, Spurs, Celtics powerhouses.

I could see Pau getting traded out of LA but I don't think it would happen.

Unless they're getting another superstar or all-star caliber player then I don't think they will make a trade involving Pau Gasol considering Gasol is one of the best PF in the league and the ones that could be better or as good are all guaranteed to stay with their teams right now.

This is classic overreaction.

Pau is one of the most talented big men in the world, you don't give up on him after a bad post-season.

The problem to me on the outside looking in is that this team has mentally checked out. There's a reason why no team has made 4 straight finals apperances in decades....it's bleeping hard to do and takes a toll on everyone physically and mentally. It doesn't help that Phil didn't reall bother to limit Pau's minutes like he did with Kobe and Fish. There were blowout games where he still had Pau and 4 scubs on the floor in garbage time.

The same thing happened in 03 when the team was spent have three deep final runs. This team just needs to add some fresh legs and fill some holes that were exposed.

Clearly they need to add some more quickness and speed on the perimeter. And another player that can create a shot for himself and others from the guard spot would be nice. And another shooter would be nice. The last two games, if they just make a 3 pointer here or a 3 pointer there, we could have a different series.

This same core could end up in the Finals again next year.

Here's an idea: instead of trading away All-Star level talent becaue of a bad playoff run, how about signing an actual starting quality point guard?

I think the Patriots should Tom Brady because he didn't play well in the playoffs the past few seasons.

Damn, talk about being spoiled that a team can win back to back championships, not even be eliminated this season, and wants to trade one of the best big men in the NBA.

Comparing Pau to Tom Brady is stupid. You should be comparing him to Randy Moss..... oh wait

Comparing Pau to Tom Brady is stupid. You should be comparing him to Randy Moss..... oh wait

How the hell does that make any sense at all? If your point is that Tom Brady and Kobe are more comparable as being the major players on each team fine, but Moss never won a championship, never mind back to back, so I fail to see how what you said makes any sense at all. You're trying too hard.

Edited by EastCoastNiner