Is Pau Gasol time playing in LA over?

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's an idea: instead of trading away All-Star level talent becaue of a bad playoff run, how about signing an actual starting quality point guard?

Because I don't think, for the most part, Fisher's been a huge problem. I think if Gasol played like the Gasol of last year the Lakers would be much better off in this series and may even be up 3-0. Plus his defense has been awful. He's reverted to his 2008 form. This doesn't mean you abandon the guy. He's been really, really good for the Lakers and can easily raise his game to his 2009/2010 form. I think the skill is still there.

You know who has played worse (at his role) than Fisher? Steve Blake, everybody's perfect signing. Matt Barnes has been invisible, and with Artest out and Odom at the three, the Lakers lacked depth at two positions and overextended their frontcourt.

First off middle finger to all the guys who doubted Andrew Bynum, he was hands down the second best player on this team this postseason. There were probably one or two guys on this site, not including me, that supported him with all the trade talks surrounding him.

As for Pau, ship his ass out. I don't give a shit if he has helped us win two consecutive titles, the fact of the matter is that Kobe isn't going to get any younger and Pau isn't the star that everyone makes him out to be. Right now we need to get a good number two option who can take the pressure off Kobe, and not fold under pressure. With the way he played this season, I wouldn't even hesitate to to pull the trigger on a Pau for Iggy type deal, no joke.

The team also needs to upgrade at pg, and give Fish the option to either come off the bench or leave. He is one of the worst if not the worst starting pg's in the league. Also Ron Artest isn't the same impact player on defense as last season and he cant shot to save his life; his contract his brutal but add a couple picks and get a defensive minded, athletic guy who can score when needed (Batum, Iggy, ect).

I'm expecting big changes, and a completely restructuring of the starting lineup.

First off middle finger to all the guys who doubted Andrew Bynum, he was hands down the second best player on this team this postseason.

Not only do I beg to differ, but that's not even saying much...