2 Trades with Pau and Bynum, Odom gone. Best options for us

Good luck trying to get Dwight. I don't see why our front office would be willing to deal him. It's not a Melo situation.

they don't want to be like they were in the mid 90s and lose him to the Lakers for nothing in return

• Owner

Good luck trying to get Dwight. I don't see why our front office would be willing to deal him. It's not a Melo situation.

If Dwight is willing to leave, it would be in Orlando's best interest to deal him for the best players available. We saw the mistakes Cleveland and Toronto made with LeBron and Bosh. Denver decided to avoid that mistake, last second, and they got a nice package for Melo in the end.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's 100% official that he's going to leave, but Otis Smith has put a lot of weight on his shoulders lately, and that may be the one thing that really forces him out the door. I didn't think the old Orlando squad could win it all, but removing the pieces they had and surrounding Dwight with even worse defenders and inconsistent shooters, plus the bad contracts? It wasn't the right move, at all.

Can Orlando pull off a very good, one-sided trade to give him help? That remains to be seen, but it's going to require a dumb team on the other end, because nobody wants Gilbert, Hedo, or J-Rich without getting back an all-star player.

the reason why the Lakers have an advantage in a potential Dwight Howard trade (assuming there are even talks) is because we have the contracts to absorb Arenas or Hedo's contracts, something a lot of other teams do not have. but i dont know if that is even preferable for us. Dwight will probably sign an extension with Orlando when it's all said and done. speculated Laker deals never occur, so most likely if there are moves in the offseason it'll be something that comes from the blue.

I trust Mitch and the Buss family to do what's best for the team, and I'm sure they will make the right moves this offseason to retool.

That second deal doesn't help LA at all.

No way LA trades an all-star big men (who by the way is still the most coveted asset in the league) for two average starters and a bench player. They can fill those holes via FA while keeping Pau.

The Lakers will most likely only ave the MLE to spend in free agency and it's not like there are a plethora of PG's in this years class either.

I just don't see how trading away Pau, Bynum, Odom or any combination of the three makes the team better even if they do get Howard.

The Lakers will most likely only ave the MLE to spend in free agency and it's not like there are a plethora of PG's in this years class either.

Don't need to get a PG via FA. There's not much except restricted players like Chalmers and Brooks. But they do have a trade X from the Sasha trade they can use to possibly pry Ramon Sessions out of Cleveland.

Their MLE they can use to fill another perimeter need. Maybe Afflalo from Denver. Otherwise they can just split it between Delonte West and someone else.

Honestly, I think they have enough assets to make the roster moves needed (MLE, Trade X, Picks) but who knows if Buss is willing to spend.

Don't need to get a PG via FA. There's not much except restricted players like Chalmers and Brooks. But they do have a trade X from the Sasha trade they can use to possibly pry Ramon Sessions out of Cleveland.

Their MLE they can use to fill another perimeter need. Maybe Afflalo from Denver. Otherwise they can just split it between Delonte West and someone else.

Honestly, I think they have enough assets to make the roster moves needed (MLE, Trade X, Picks) but who knows if Buss is willing to spend.

Signing Affalo would be a great fit for the Lakers, but I hop the Rockets get him he is a very good young player.