Ashton Kutcher Joins 'Two and a Half Men'

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/lebronze23/ashtonkutcher.jpg

NEW YORK—CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced Friday that Ashton Kutcher will join the cast of the hit comedy, "Two and a Half Men." 

"I can’t wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers’ homes," said Kutcher.  "I can’t replace Charlie Sheen but I’m going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"

"We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," said Chuck Lorre, creator and executive producer of "Two and a Half Men." "Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it’d be illegal."

"Ashton is a pop culture triple threat—film star, cutting-edge producer and a social media pioneer," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.  "He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches.  We are thrilled to have him, and excited beyond words for what he brings to the next season of ‘Two and a Half Men.’"

I never really watch the show, but I know it brings in the highest viewership so this is pretty big news. Lots of actors were rumored to replace Charlie, but Ashton got the nod I guess you can say hes #winningduh

Should be interesting to see how the show fairs....

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/Ashton-Kutcher-teases-online-about-joining-Men--121758869.html

Edited by htown11

Wait... I thought they fired him and then re-hired him?

I've been watching this show since Charlie's crazy interview... and it's awesome.

Show has been centered on Charlie's sex, drinking, smoking, gambling, and just his badassness... His badassness allows Alan to play a "weak" character, allows Jake to be a cute smartass, allows Bertha to be an ass and still funny, the chics to be sexy and horny without feeling guilty/ feeling like they're whores. Without it, it's not going to be the same.

Ashton is a badass in his own way, but he's not Charlie bad. Charlie's need for sex is just so funny. :) I'm sad to see it go.

So Kyle Korver is gonna replace Charlie ? That should be interesting...

But more seriously I think they should just have cancelled the show. I'm a huge fan of that show, I have all the episodes and watch 'em over and over again, it's actually the only current TV show that I like but I really don't see how it can be still good without Sheen. I was hoping that Lorre would hire Charlie back (even though I didn't believe it would happen) and now that he won't I think it would have been wiser to just stop the show.

I might be wrong though, and I'll check out the first episodes next year anyhow for sure, just to see how it looks like. But right now I just can't imagine the show doing well without Sheen. Too bad this looney had to [expletive] up his TV show career, just like he did with his movie career... Well we'll see.

I'm outdated but haha... holy crap I just found out Megan Fox plays a character that is Bertha's daughter...

You sure are outdated haha, it was in the first season.. Very good episode though, one of my favorites. All the episodes from the first two seasons are gold anyhow. The other seasons are not as good, but they are still great nonetheless though.

Well anyhow back to topic, it's good news for the other actors of the show (who are all great) at least, they won't be unemployed next season.

^Yea :) I never really paid attention to sitcoms, then Sheen went on that crazy interview, and my friend was watching the show, and I started a couple and I'm a huge fan now. Fox8 is showing random episodes from random seasons, so I decided to go back to Season 1 online. Watched 22 episodes in 2 days lol

I doubt anyone can replace Sheen. Nothing against Kutcher, he's funny, and is a ladies magnet as well... but Sheen has that aura, charm, schmuckness that keeps every character on the show honest. I think that's Harper's (or Sheen's) greatest quality, is that he allows everyone to be comfortably honest/ true to themselves around him. And he wouldn't care. His character is controversial, that's why the negative attention (pressure) is drawn toward him, but he handles it with a schmuck flair. Even if you're not a gay guy, you gotta admit, the guy has special brew in his balls.

There's a reason why it's a one of the top rated shows for 7 years... and one of the top rated of all time. When asked why, Jennifer Taylor (Chelsea) said it's because the characters are honest and true to themselves.

With a lot of sitcoms, you just think they're talking scripts they remember hours ago... In comparison, after watching TAAHM, I tried to watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" and it just feels lame and boring. With TAAHM, the conversation sounds real-life, because of Sheen's flair. Without Sheen, the show is going to be A LOT different... I'm afraid it'd feel just another scripted sitcom.

His flair with women is just badass, noone else dares to go to that territory... that's why it's always engaging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02c2Qn0bq1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX52hG1i8vQ

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

^Yea :) I never really paid attention to sitcoms, then Sheen went on that crazy interview, and my friend was watching the show, and I started a couple and I'm a huge fan now. Fox8 is showing random episodes from random seasons, so I decided to go back to Season 1 online. Watched 22 episodes in 2 days lol

Yeah I didn't start to follow this show rightaway too, for some reasons it seemed weird to me at first... Well one of the reason is that I didn't like Charlie Sheen in Spin City, wasn't a big fan of that show to begin with but it was still way better with Michael J. Fox. Well anyway one day I was eating and the show was broadcasted on TV (they were rerunning the first three seasons at that time, it was during the summer, just before the fourth season) and I decided to give it a shot. I didn't regret it one bit, I loved it rightaway. I watched and loved all the first three seasons and became a huge fan of that show and never missed an episode since. I got all the seasons at home and watch all the episodes over and over again. Yet I'm not usually high on TV shows... As I said it's actually the only current show that I watch. But this one is really great at least to me.

Well anyhow glad that there's another huge fan of that show now, welcome to the Two and Half Men fan club haha.