Will Lakers Blow it UP?

The idea that some Laker fans are supporting this makes me laugh. 2 championships in 3 years, 4 in a decade, playoffs basically every year. Not good enough! Blow it up!

Sixers get dibs on Gasol, btw.

Edited by Phightins

The idea that some Laker fans are supporting this makes me laugh. 2 championships in 3 years, 4 in a decade, playoffs basically every year. Not good enough! Blow it up!

Sixers get dibs on Gasol, btw.

to be honest, it was 6 finals appearances in one decade. however, there were 4 completely different squads in the same time frame. it shouldn't be a reason to blow it up, but it was also broken up after failure in 04

Only way I see them blowing this team up is if they get Howard.

Otherwise, they won't panic and don't need to panic. Teams that make 3 deep playoffs runs get tired. It happened to LA in 2004, it happened again. They added new pieces and the next year were back in the Finals.

They just need more perimeter speed and athleticism. They'll be fine. They need tweaks not a major overhaul.

I think they should really try to trade Artest and Walton...

If I were the Lakers GM, I would shop Bynum and see if there's a team that believes in his "superstar" potential... and get suckered into trading their own superstar for him. I trust Bynum's skills, but not his health. Would definitely consider the fact that Kobe is getting old, and the franchise is looking for a new superstar that can be the new franchise.

Then give Gasol another chance... if he shows signs of unstability then trade him by trade deadline.