After the Thunders win tonight

SRT Spidey

Does anyone think about how this should be Seattle returning to the WCF to take on the Mavs? I mean just revisiting the relocation of Seattle to OKC...wow thats just really sucks and is the reason most seattle people despise the NBA now. KD should be rocking Key Arena right now..and the Hornets shouldve stayed in Charlotte and the Grizz in Vancouver :)

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/kevin-durant-sonics.jpg

Nah but really Seattle got screwed on that

Edited by Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Owner

Nah, because we've heard the OKC crowd all season long, and they deserve this team far more than the Seattle fans who didn't care to go to the games, even after they drafted Durant.

The support the Thunder get from the city is insane. I was just down there not too long ago (May 6th), and it's crazy how many people support that team.

• Owner

why wouldnt they support the citys only franchise?

The 76ers and Pacers have the two worst attendance numbers in the league, and both were in the playoffs this season, both are the two lone franchises in those cities and states.

After the response the Hornets got when they temporarily moved to OKC (which was huge), I think no other crowd deserved a team more. The state of Oklahoma has been pretty high on basketball, and sports in general, just as much as Kansas has (with the Jayhawks' success), and compared to Seattle, it's just a different environment altogether.

There were die-hard Sonics fans, no doubt, and they always stepped up and said that they were still around...but in the grand scheme of things, the attendance was low, the city wasn't supporting the team, and after drafting a future superstar, the response was just bad.

People will say I'd have a different outlook on this if it weren't so close to home (OKC), but that's really not the case. I was saying that the Sonics should move long before the proposal. I wanted them to move to Kansas City, or even Vegas...didn't matter to me, though.

• Like 1