College Athlete

Pretty simple topic.

Is anyone currently out of highschool in a college sport or planning on trying out?

I'm actually planning on trying to get o nthe UT(texas) track team..started training and getting back into shape for when I get back into school.

Pretty simple topic.

Is anyone currently out of highschool in a college sport or planning on trying out?

I'm actually planning on trying to get o nthe UT(texas) track team..started training and getting back into shape for when I get back into school.

What are some of your times? I was a big track runner in high school and I'm still wondering if I should do it for my college (George Mason). The coach said I am guaranteed a spot on the team if I'm up for it, but I just don't think I can offer that much commitment to the sport. It's something I have to ponder over for the rest of the summer.

What are some of your times? I was a big track runner in high school and I'm still wondering if I should do it for my college (George Mason). The coach said I am guaranteed a spot on the team if I'm up for it, but I just don't think I can offer that much commitment to the sport. It's something I have to ponder over for the rest of the summer.

Well my best 200m dash time was 22.03...and on the UT team they're running like low 21's so i MIGHT have a slight chance on there.

And in the Mile Relay By PR was 47+ seconds...so thats a very good time for the mile relay...

but im more of a short distance sprinter since im not tall.

Well my best 200m dash time was 22.03...and on the UT team they're running like low 21's so i MIGHT have a slight chance on there.

And in the Mile Relay By PR was 47+ seconds...so thats a very good time for the mile relay...

but im more of a short distance sprinter since im not tall.

Damn man that's really good. I was a 100 and 200 guy, but not as fast as you. I ran a 22.68 on the 200 and 11.12 on the 100. Never really worked on the 400, it was just too long lol.

UT is a ridiculous track school. I saw them at Penn Relays this year and they and Tennessee were dominating every event.

thanks man..i was trying to brake my school record but my senior year i started off really bad because i had clynical depression and didnt really have the will to keep running but i did for my team. After that was gone... I started training but i was always missing those first two weeks.

So now I could possibly have another chance with running in college. Besides I wanna do thise so I can eat for free at tha cafeteria haha =]

I've always wanted to do track, because I'm a very fast sprinter (but once we get to the 400 I'm not nearly as fast, I lose my gas about 300 meters in), I've never had my 100 timed in HS since I haven't run track, but I can easily beat our best sprinters in a little race for fun. I ran the 100 in 11.3 seconds in 8th grade (I haven't really gotten any taller since then, I'm right at 6' so it's a pretty good height for sprinting I guess, I'm not 6'5" like Bolt lol) but I've added about 15 lbs. of muscle since then and I'm sure I'm in high 10s. I only know this because there are a few sprinters on our track team that run like 11.00s and maybe a 10.95 every once in a while, and I can routinely beat them (without starting blocks though, it would take me a little practice to get the good technique back).

I never do track though, because golf is more of a realistic way for me to keep playing I think. They're going on at the same time too. :(

thanks man..i was trying to brake my school record but my senior year i started off really bad because i had clynical depression and didnt really have the will to keep running but i did for my team. After that was gone... I started training but i was always missing those first two weeks.

So now I could possibly have another chance with running in college. Besides I wanna do thise so I can eat for free at tha cafeteria haha =]

Haha I feel you man, I wanted to break my school records too. I was .12 off of the 100 and .06 from the 200.... I was so mad at how "so close but so far" I was from snagging the record time. The only records I got through high school was our 4x100 and 4x200 relay.

After 4 years of 8 seasons of ridiculous training and dieting, I just don't think I have it in me to do it again in college. It's a huge commitment, and to budget time between track, school, homework, and potentially a part time job, I just don't think I can handle it.

Wow. A lot of runners here.

I did a lot of running in High School. My best 100 was a 10.93, which was in Grade 10. Other than that, I've been in the low 11's my entire career. Our School record was set in the 1980's at 10.51 and nobodies really gone close. I did the 3000m as well, usually placed fairly well at the state level. I've also competed at the National level for Triple Jump. My friend, Nick, who also went to my school went 1/2 the whole way to to Nationals. He came 6th, and I was 9th with a best jump of 14.27 (not my best either).

In Basketball, I've versed some of Australia's best, including Patrick Mills who played for Cairns High School in our State Championship in 2004 or 2005. I got to guard him; kept him to 18 or 19 points, which is an accomplishment, as he set the record for points scored the day before with 42 or 43. I've also played the Cedar brothers, who both played for Townsville High School (and now play in the NBL). I thought about playing University basketball here in Australia, but I think I want to concentrate on my studies before getting into it. Apparently, we have a pretty good team though. Would be great to try and get onto it.

I've always wanted to do track, because I'm a very fast sprinter (but once we get to the 400 I'm not nearly as fast, I lose my gas about 300 meters in), I've never had my 100 timed in HS since I haven't run track, but I can easily beat our best sprinters in a little race for fun. I ran the 100 in 11.3 seconds in 8th grade (I haven't really gotten any taller since then, I'm right at 6' so it's a pretty good height for sprinting I guess, I'm not 6'5" like Bolt lol) but I've added about 15 lbs. of muscle since then and I'm sure I'm in high 10s. I only know this because there are a few sprinters on our track team that run like 11.00s and maybe a 10.95 every once in a while, and I can routinely beat them (without starting blocks though, it would take me a little practice to get the good technique back).

I never do track though, because golf is more of a realistic way for me to keep playing I think. They're going on at the same time too. :(

If you were the best in the school why didnt you run track?

Look for an intramural team in college man, see what you're capable of. Or even try out for the school's team if they have one. If you learn the proper block start technique and get some nice track spikes, you could be hitting mid 10s if you're routinely beating high 10 second sprinters without blocks.

My block start was always horrible, I'm surprised I was actually successful in the 100. I was literally always in like 4th or 5th place in every race for the first few steps no matter who I was racing, I just ended up in the top 2 or 3 by the end. I'm disappointed I was never all-state in high school. I was all-region in the 55m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 4x100, and 4x200. Sounds good, but I really wanted all state. :(

Look for an intramural team in college man, see what you're capable of. Or even try out for the school's team if they have one. If you learn the proper block start technique and get some nice track spikes, you could be hitting mid 10s if you're routinely beating high 10 second sprinters without blocks.

My block start was always horrible, I'm surprised I was actually successful in the 100. I was literally always in like 4th or 5th place in every race for the first few steps no matter who I was racing, I just ended up in the top 2 or 3 by the end. I'm disappointed I was never all-state in high school. I was all-region in the 55m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 4x100, and 4x200. Sounds good, but I really wanted all state. :(

I might, depending on how golf turns out. It sucks that they're in the same season. :(

Nets, that's why. I am probably better at golf, and I feel like since golf has less competition than track, I have a better shot at playing collegiately.

But yeah, if I spent some time and worked out consistently I might end up getting hooked, but idk. Golf is much more enjoyable for me, and like I said I might get an added bonus for college competition.

Still, I might end up doing neither in college once I see how tough it is.