WCF GM1: Oklahoma City at Dallas

Dirk is getting the Wade treatment, officials aren't letting the Thunder get physical with him. Some bullshit ticky tack fouls.

And Durant didn't get ticky tack fouls? Chandler is straight up in the air, Durant launches himself into Chandler and draws the foul. Durant flails his arms wildy and falls down, Terry gets called for a foul even though he didn't even make any contact with Durant at all.

Both stars have gotten weak calls all night, so why only single out Dirk?

• Like 1

Horrid officiating both way down the stretch. Durant drew more contact on that last no call than Dirk has on any of his calls.

Edited by Flash

Dirk has always been a great shooter, but what he has improved on so much is his ability to put the ball on the floor and has been more patient with the ball in his hands. Cuban has done a terrific job surrounding with him deadly 3PT shooters, which is why teams are so hesitant in doubling him. This is why he's been unguardable in the playoffs thus far.

Amazing performance by him tonight, one of the greatest shooting performances ever.

what a game. kinda hard to be pissed off when dirk goes off like that. i thought we played a really good game i was surprised when we still had a shot in the 4th. they were calling some pissy fouls though them two on durant back to back.. that was pathetic and then on thabo

Yep, the officiating was horrible both ways. I saw some stupid fouls the Thunder were getting called for same for the Mavs. Durant had 19 FT attempts, Dirk had 24.. amazing how combined they missed one.

Outside of Dirk, we could have played better, we were lazy at times on defense, got back late in transition, I don't like seeing us play a 120-110 type game, defense is what the mavs have been using as their pedestal this postseason and we should stick to that.

1-0! 7 more wins.

Awesome game by Dirk, but good God, do they have to make it sound like it's the greatest playoff performance in NBA history?

Well, it was one of the most efficient games in NBA history. 48 points on something like a 94 TS%? That is absolutely absurd.

PS: Dirk rocks.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfdvsg.gif

• Owner

Well, it was one of the most efficient games in NBA history. 48 points on something like a 94 TS%? That is absolutely absurd.

PS: Dirk rocks.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfdvsg.gif

With 24 free throws, so I'm not really dropping my jaw at the point total.

Not saying it wasn't a great performance, but I'm not to the point where I'm putting it up there with Jordan's game vs. Boston (just an example). Tell me that Dirk shot 9-10 free throws and landed 48 points on amazing efficiency, and I'll be much, much more impressed.

TS% is basically how many calls a player can get, and how many free throws he'll hit. Let's assume Dirk has just three FGA (he goes 0-3) and has 24-24 from the line. Probably impossible to see something like that, but that TS% is around 90% because he shot and made 24 free throws, and had the calls to get there.

A lot of those calls on Dirk and Durant were questionable. If Dirk were to land 45 with 70% FG, about 10 frees, I'd be more impressed. That's just me, I guess.

Awesome game by Dirk, but good God, do they have to make it sound like it's the greatest playoff performance in NBA history?

It was one of the greatest games scoring the ball I've ever seen, playoffs or not. He scored 48pts on 15FGA's, without taking a single 3....I've never seen anything like that before. I agree that it would have been more aesthetically pleasing if he had gone 18-24 from the field and 12-12 from the line to get his 48pts, but it doesn't really matter because he still got his 48pts while scoring at an almost unheard of efficiency (according to a guy on RealGM it was the most efficient 45pt game or higher in NBA history). Not to mention that the majority of his jumpers couldn't have been contested any better.