ECF GM2: Miami at Chicago (CHI 1-0)

Great game, but an ugly one. Pretty bad officiating on both sides.

- WOW @ Udonis Haslem. That was [expletive]ing crazy. When he posterized Rose that was incredible. The slam on Bogans was sick too. What an impact he had tonight. He really was the difference.

- We got a better game from Wade and LBJ tonight. Wade picked his spots and had that run where he scored like 6 or 8 straight points I believe.

- Jaamal Magloire shat on Rose too.

- LeBron can't close.

See you Sunday.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

LeBron can't close.

LOL, you didn't post this after Game 1.

EDIT: You didn't even post after that game.

LeBron, Bosh and Wade were all scoreless for most of the 4th quarter. Bosh didn't have a single point. Wade had three free throws. LeBron didn't score until four minutes to go...and the reason was because Korver was out there, and Asik had just come out of the game with a busted chin.

-----------

By the way, when there's bad officiating, I notice it's always bad for both sides...that's really weird.

LOL, you didn't post this after Game 1.

EDIT: You didn't even post after that game.

LeBron, Bosh and Wade were all scoreless for most of the 4th quarter. Bosh didn't have a single point. Wade had three free throws. LeBron didn't score until four minutes to go...and the reason was because Korver was out there, and Asik had just come out of the game with a busted chin.

-----------

By the way, when there's bad officiating, I notice it's always bad for both sides...that's really weird.

And heeeere come the sour grapes.

First off, he didn't really have a chance to close out game 1 since it was pretty much Chicago controlling the second half. Not sure how that makes any sense. He had a bad game, that doesn't mean he can't close.

And there you go cranking up the excuse machine. Just admit it, the guy closed out the game. He scored like 9 straight or something like that and then played great D on Rose and Deng, maybe Wade had some free throws in between his buckets.

And for your ref conspiracy, go ahead and look at the numbers. Then get back to me.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

And heeeere come the sour grapes.

First off, he didn't really have a chance to close out game 1 since it was pretty much Chicago controlling the second half. Not sure how that makes any sense. He had a bad game, that doesn't mean he can't close.

And there you go cranking up the excuse machine. Just admit it, the guy closed out the game. He scored like 9 straight or something like that and then played great D on Rose and Deng, maybe Wade had some free throws in between his buckets.

And for your ref conspiracy, go ahead and look at the numbers. Then get back to me.

Sour grapes? LOL...dude, yours were so sour after Game 1, you didn't even post.

The only reason why I made the comment was because it's annoying as [expletive] when you bring up LeBron being able to close, but then you completely ignore it when he sucks ass. If you're going to keep posting it when he does close, be sure to mention that he doesn't when he fails, or else you're making yourself look like a nut-hugger.

Look at what numbers? The Heat win off of their ability to get to the line, and they've been doing it since the first round. Would you like for me to post the numbers? They are shooting worse than their opponents, from any spot on the floor, but are getting to the line.

Tonight, Chicago was playing very good defense from time to time, but some of the calls were complete trash, and they were at the worst times. Even Reggie Miller had something to say about it, which led to a big fist pump from me (and I don't even like Reggie). It may have been Kerr that noted that the Heat are usually shooting worse than their opponents, but the free throws are winning them games.

What happened in Game 1? They shot 15 frees total, and were blown out.

Tonight, they had Rose in foul trouble from the first quarter on, put the Bulls in the penalty with nine minutes to go in the second quarter (which was absolutely ridiculous), and both Bogans and Noah picked up quick fouls to put them on the bench (Bogans with three in just 16 minutes of play, Noah had to sit as well).

The timing was the problem. When a ref calls three fouls in less than 24 seconds, two of which were on Watson (he only played six minutes), that's asinine. But, whatever...seen this story before.

I didn't watch the game, but just basing on the stats we shot way too poor. I am not sure whether this is just unlucky or because of Miami's defense, but if it's the latter, credit to them.

Udonis Haslem is going to be huge for the rest of the series. We have to look out for him.

Good win for Miami, although it wasn't a particularly well-played game on either side of the floor (both teams had little spurts of great play mixed with huge droughts that were difficult to watch). Haslem was brilliant, and being that he's their only big man besides Bosh who is athletic and can rebound, he'll be sorely needed all series long. Wade was very good for the first 3 quarters, and LeBron dominated the last few minutes to seal the win. Bibby played surprisingly good defense on Rose and kept him outside the paint, though his shot continues to struggle. Everyone else on the team played poorly and/or quietly, especially Chalmers who had one of the worst 5min of basketball you'll ever see from a PG.

For Chicago, their offense was simply awful. As someone mentioned before, Miami's defense, specifically in the 4th quarter was confusing Rose, and made him force a few jumpers that were off by a mile, and their athleticism made things tough for him near the rim. He also didn't help himself by settling for jumpers when he was being defended by Bibby. Noah played well early but fizzled out as the game progressed, and Boozer forgot it was game 2 of the ECF and not a mid-January game against the Kings. Besides Gibson, not a single player had a good game. Still, the fact that they had a chance to run away with it before LeBron went off should be encouraging.

As far as game 3 goes, the key will be which team will get hot from 3. The Heat's 3pt shooters (Miller, Jones, Chalmers, Bibby) went a combined 1-7 from downtown in Game 2, and the Bulls' shooters (Deng, Korver, Bogans) went 3-16. I expect Rose to have a bounce-back game and at least increase his efficiency, as well as Bron/Wade to produce like they did in Game 2, with each team's PF's playing a bit better. I also don't expect the Heat to win the rebounding battle or the Bulls to get more FTA's like they did in Game 2. That leads me to which team can get production from beyond the arc. Usually Jones and Chalmers are more confident at home and will take and make more 3's than they have so far in this series, so I expect them to be the X-factors and lead the Heat to a Game 3 win.