About this current playoff run...

Real Deal

• Owner

As everyone knows...it's the first time in 20 years that the NBA Finals did not feature Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan or Olajuwon.

First time since 1998 it didn't feature Kobe, Shaq or Duncan.

I also just saw that it's only the second time since 1993 that the Western Conference Finals didn't involve the Lakers, Spurs or Jazz.

Three of the four coaches in the conference finals had no previous head coaching experiences with another team (Brooks, Thibodeau, Spoelstra), and those three coaches have a combined seven seasons coaching.

The last time any of these teams made it to the conference finals, they advanced to the NBA Finals (Bulls in 1998, Mavs and Heat in 2006, Thunder/Sonics in 1996).

Crazy just thinking about it.

• Like 4

This year really seemed like a passing of the torch in the NBA.

Hmmm....good point. It really did with Duncan going down, Kobe, and the Big Three. I think there's a good chance this was the end for all five of them ever getting back to the NBA Finals.

Edited by JYD

I can't remember the last time there were NO no.1 and no.2 seeds in the WCF.... Anyone?

Well...that kind of goes with the Lakers/Spurs fact. Because they were always in the WCF, and they were always the 1 or 2 seed LOL.