Derrick Rose: NBA Players use PEDs

The Regime

In the May 16th issue of ESPN the Magazine, on Page 50, Derrick Rose was asked:

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how big of an issue is illegal enhancing in the NBA?"

Derrick Rose: "Seven. It's huge, and I think we need a level playing field where nobody has that advantage over the next person."

Other countries are going to demand that Team USA's immunity from failed drug tests is removed. They have had immunity from failing drug testing in FIBA and the Olympics since 1989, and now the other countries will demand this end.

And to all the NBA zombies that keep claiming Team USA gets tested......they have IMMUNITY from failed drug tests. And in the NBA competition itself, a US Congress investigation found that the NBA's own company does the testing, does not test for steroids, and that they do not ever allow any independent body to see the testing results.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/espnmag

Link wont get you anywhere unless you have ESPN Insider. Thoughts?

Hmmmmm..I don't know man. If it is that big of an issue there aren't a great number of players that seem to exude a physique built on steroids.

Side note - I know Rose said it but this is more General NBA then Bulls-specific.

Hmmmmm..I don't know man. If it is that big of an issue there aren't a great number of players that seem to exude a physique built on steroids.

Side note - I know Rose said it but this is more General NBA then Bulls-specific.

Steroids just aren't useful to help you build muscle, they help your muscles heal quicker, this means you don't have as many injuries and it's easier to recover after games. Same way it helped pitchers, it helped their arms heal up quicker in between starts and kept them pitching all season...Can't believe Rose said this, hope it doesn't start a witch hunt in the NBA...

That would be pretty jacked up if this led to a huge investigation, and they busted Kyle Korver.

Lol...

I think it's naive of us to think that no NBA players are juicing, but yet, in other sports they are...

I think a lot of them are. I'd say probably like 15-25% of the League does. I doubt a lot of the guys do at this point,though.

I am sure some players do it, but it obviously doesn't matter much in basketball. There isn't some super human player out there who takes on a whole team by himself because of his massive muscles and ability to recover faster. Still doesn't help you put the ball in the hoop. When was the last time you went to play a game of pickup basketball and the dude with the most muscles was better than the skinny dude who can actually score? I see it a lot.

I am sure some players do it, but it obviously doesn't matter much in basketball. There isn't some super human player out there who takes on a whole team by himself because of his massive muscles and ability to recover faster. Still doesn't help you put the ball in the hoop. When was the last time you went to play a game of pickup basketball and the dude with the most muscles was better than the skinny dude who can actually score? I see it a lot.

http://youreartotheground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Dwight-Howard.jpg

You ever play sports?

To think that over an 82 game season Banned Performance Enhancing Drugs can't make a difference, you must be on the crack pipe son.

You ever play sports?

To think that over an 82 game season Banned Performance Enhancing Drugs can't make a difference, you must be on the crack pipe son.

You are right

Edited by SRV