Wall Sets Goal To Be MVP Candidate By 2013

John Wall is optimistic that the Wizards will find the right pieces this offseason, but he has big plans for his team and himself.

“Next year, I just want to be in the playoffs,” Wall said.

“Everything I didn’t do good this year, you’re going to see me get better at next season, making jump shots, being more confident, less turnovers. But studying a lot, being a better defender, all those things. That’s the same thing Derrick said, ‘I want to be MVP.’ It might not happen next year, but at least by my third year, I want to be in the race.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/john-wall-wizards-hope-to-get-better-this-summer/2011/05/18/AFn5Vm6G_story.html

The skills are definitely there, but will the surrounding players be? OKC got RW after they got Durant, Washington is going to get.... Vesely?

Hopefully we get Kanter (by trading up), which would be great.

Then next season, we can focus on getting a SF in a very deep draft.

I like the confidence that Wall has in not only himself but with the Wizard's future. I sure as hell hope Wall does get the supporting cast to be able to get himself up there in the East.