Bucks open to dealing Jennings?

Top rumors making the rounds at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago this week:

The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110522#STORY_33142#ixzz1N6wK796W

Certainly doesn't hurt to listen to offers. I don't think he's going to improve by great amounts this season and I think it's pretty obvious he'll never be an all-star or a pass first point guard.

If we did trade him I could see us drafting someone like Kemba Walker to try and become the starting PG.

The whole point of trading Jennings is to get rid of these score first PG's.

At least Kemba can shoot at a decent rate. Coming into the league Jennings' main weakness was considered to be his shooting, so why we allow him to chuck 15+ shots up per game is mind boggling.

I'm sure the Bucks would definitely be interested in the ever elusive Joel Anthony, Eddie House and Dexter Pittman combination Miami can offer them.

:lol:

At least Kemba can shoot at a decent rate. Coming into the league Jennings' main weakness was considered to be his shooting, so why we allow him to chuck 15+ shots up per game is mind boggling.

His point guard skills are right on par with Jennings, so I still see no point in the Bucks replacing Kemba with him. Both are about the same size, and both are score first PG's. Walker won't be able to score like he did in college, and that's what he's known for. His best scenario is getting drafted by Sacramento and playing alongside Tyreke, mainly because of Tyreke's size. Evans could guard the other teams SG, while logging in some minutes as the PG (or just running the plays) allowing for Kemba to roam and look for his shot. Kemba is not Steph Curry, he's in the mold of Jason Terry or Ben Gordon, which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, but it's not what I would look for in my starting PG or especially on a team that has struggled under a similar PG and is looking to make some major adjustments to their roster.

Take whatever you want not named Wade, James, Bosh or Haslem.

First off you have no trade assets to get someone of his caliber. And even if you guys did manage to trade for him how exactly do you plan on using the guy; he isn't a good jumpshooter and he's pretty much only effective when he has the ball in his hands.

Why anyone would want him is beyond me. I wouldn't give them Bargnani for him. Well that's a lie, but I wouldn't give them Bayless for him.

Depending on how the first 4 picks of the draft went, I don't think I would mind a 5th for Jennings and 10th trade.

Of course there is no way the Bucks do that trade unless they are ridiculously high on somebody like Knight (if he is still there), but even then, I'd probably just rather take a chance on Knight than trade for Jennings anyways, unless somebody like Valanciunas falls to 10, which will never happen.

As far as general trades go, I'm sure the Bucks would love to move him considering his style of play and how poorly he has played so far in his career, but the problem is that I imagine they would want much more for him than he is actually worth. He could be a nice fit on some teams, but I would guess that very few teams will likely be prepared to give up what the Bucks would want for a shoot first, inefficient point guard who struggles with decision making.