2011 NBA Mock Draft

htownborn

1. CLE-Kyrie Irving (Cleveland obviously needs help everywhere. I really don't think they need a PG as bad as everyone makes it seems but its looking like Irving may be the #1 pick. He has great potential, doesn't really possess the elite speed or quickness as the new breed of NBA PG (e.g Rose, Wall, or Westbrook) but has good speed and quickness along with nice court vision and a solid shooter as well.)

2. MIN-Derrick Williams (I honestly think the T'Wolves will trade back but if they don't I see them taking Derrick Williams who many honestly think is the best player in the draft.)

3. UTA-Brandon Knight (The Jazz are a stacked team but I see them going after a PG. I don't think they see Devin Harris as their long term PG so I see Utah either picking Knight or Walker. I think it will be Knight though being that he's younger and fits Utah more than Walker.)

4. CLE-Enes Kanter (The Cavs have their PG of the future now they need a partner for him. I think SF is their biggest need but Williams is already taken and getting Vesely or Leonard would a little bit of a reach over Kanter anyway. And with that being said I say that they will take Enes Kanter who is the best big man in the draft with their 4th pick.)

5. TOR-Kemba Walker (I think the Raptors could use a Center but they need a to find a primary PG. Calderon is getting older and Bayless had a good season last year but he could be a great backup aswell. So in comes Kemba Walker the story of the year. He's a little undersized and may make some questionable plays at times but he has alot of heart and leadership along with the intangibles of a winner something the Raptors could really use.)

6. WAS-Jan Vesely (The Wizards could look at two options at the 6th pick they could get European sensation Jan Vesely or go after Kawhi Leonard. I'm going with Jan Vesely. IMO he's one of the most interesting players from overseas along with Biyombo. He can run the floor very well for a guy thats nearly 7 foot and throws down nice dunks when he has the chance. He's a extremly raw player offensivly though but if coached right he can be something great along with Wall, Crawford, Young, Blatche, and McGee.)

7. SAC-Kawhi Leonard (Too bad for Sacramento they missed out on the Kemba Walker sweepsteaks so what to do. Well the next best PG prospect is Jimmer Fredette and I highly doubt the Kings draft him this high. So I say they take the guy the Wizards past on Kawhi Leonard. He's not a PG but he's a good hustle player with a high motor and a very good defender. And I almost forgot he's a very good rebounder as well averged over 10 rebounds a game at San Diego State. Think of him as another Shawn Marion.)

8. DET-Bismack Biyombo (The Pistons are another stacked team at pretty much every position. So I'm going to focus on the PF position which seems to be the biggest need for this team. Villanueva was a big loss of money for the Pistons and Maxiell barely sees the floor and the Pistons could really use another defender since Big Ben isn't really quite Big Ben anymore. So you select Big Ben version 2 in Bismack Biyombo possibly the best defensive player in the draft. Biyombo doesn't have much offense and is the biggest Bust or Boom player in the draft but like I said since the Pistons are stacked they can afford to draft a guy like Biyombo since he will only be their for defensive needs anyway.)

9. CHA-Jonas Valanciunas (The Bobcats 2 biggest needs are at SF and C but since they have 2 picks and the draft is low with big men and loaded with SF they can go after a Center. Kwame Brown is obviously not the answer at center so you draft the best Center available in Jonas Valanciunas. He's very good in the low post for a guy his age and a pretty good defender aswell. He will obviously need work though being that he's only 19 and doesn't have much experiance in the U.S. but luckly for the Bobcats they have nothing but time.)

10. MIL-Alec Burks (The Bucks need another scorer on their team badly. Jennings is the top scorer but very inconsistant and a guy they thought would bring alot of scoring Corey Maggette didn't have such a great season last year and could possibly be on his way out of the door. So I say draft Alec Burks. The kid looks pretty impressive he has good athleticism along with good handles and court vision. He can be a good combo gaurd but his biggest need is that he needs to be more consistant with his shooting, but since he's been working out with Chauncey Billups I think he's on the right path to improving his jump shoot.)

11. GS-Tristain Thompson (I think the Warriors could draft 1 of the following 2 between Marcus Morris and Tristian Thompson. Earlier I had said Marcus Morris but since the combine I changed to Thompson. I think Morris has a better offensive game than Thompson but he's not as good defensivly as he is offensively and thats what the Warriors have been looking to improve. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he had one of the highest verticals in the combine and he's a solid rebounder with a high motor. He will be nice defensively of the bench along with Udoh.)

12. UTA-Chris Singleton (Utah adresses the PG situation now they need to adress the SF situation. Kirilenko wont be with Utah much longer so I see them taking Chris Singleton. Singleton has nice size and can be considered a tweener since his 6'9". He's another one of the better defenders in this draft but needs to work on his offensive game a little more.)

13. PHO-Marcus Morris (I think the Suns draft the best player available who I think is Marcus Morris. Morris has a very good offensive game that will fit good with this Suns team. He's a very versatile foward who can play both SF

and PF and is a pretty good shooter,)

14. HOU-Donatas Motiejunas (At this point I think the Rockets will take the best player availible which I believe will be Motiejunas. He's a 7 footer with shooting ability similar to Bargnani. It will be a good pick I believe since the Rockets have 2 first round picks and they can afford to draft a guy like this. If they pass on Motiejunas I see us taking Markieff Morris.)

15. IND-Jimmer Fredette

16. PHI-Markieff Morris

17. NY-Kenneth Faried

18. WAS-Darius Morris

19. CHA-Jordan Hamilton

20. MIN-Lucas Nogueria

21. POR-Jordan Williams

22. DEN-Trey Thompson

23. HOU-Tyler Honeycutt

24. OKC-Tobias Harris

25. BOS-Marshon Brooks

26. DAL-Davis Bertans

27. NJ-JaJuan Johnson

28. CHI-Klay Thompson

29. SA-Nikola Mirotic

30. CHI-Josh Selby

I'll write comments for the rest of the players another time to explain why I feel these players will be selected where their at on my draft board. Also a few of these I may picks may be changed by me later on.

Edited by htownborn

Leonard would be an interesting case in Sacramento, the team has their cornerstones but they lack true role players and Leonard would certainly fit the bill. However, I think Biyombo has much more potential and makes a good fit next to Cousins.

Like the pick the Bobcats make at #19. They lose Wallace but add Jordan Hamilton who many scouts say is one of the few players in this draft that has the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer.

Not sure about Klay Thompson going in the lottery, think #12 is too high for him. No way Chris Singleton falls to the Rockets lap at #23. Marshon Brooks' stock has risen since the combine and will probably gone somewhere in the late teens - early 20's.

Just a few thoughts.

Not sure about Klay Thompson going in the lottery, think #12 is too high for him. No way Chris Singleton falls to the Rockets lap at #23. Marshon Brooks' stock has risen since the combine and will probably gone somewhere in the late teens - early 20's.

I agree with you on this but this is actually one of my earlier drafts that I made before the combine on another forum, which is why I have Singleton so low and Thompson so high. I will change a few of these spots for the players though.

Edited by htownborn