Cavs, Pistons Wolves Talking Trade Involving 2nd, 4th and 8th Picks

From Broussard's Twitter

Cavs, Pistons, Twolves discussing 3-team trade that would give Cavs 1st & 2nd picks, sources say.

Cavs absorb Rip Hamilton into 14.6 mill trade exception & get Det's 8th pick. Cavs send 4th & 8th picks to Minny for 2nd pick

Cavs would then draft Kyrie No. 1 and Derrick Williams No. 2. Nothing imminent but trade us being discussed by the teams.

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

Oh the joys of having an owner willing to spend money. The Cavs will have spent like $80M (not sure of what Baron has left on his deal) just to acquire two draft picks, and because Gilbert is willing to spend so much money, the Cavs may walk away with the two best players of the draft and two cornerstones for his post-LeBron era.

Must be nice.

So basically they want both Irving and Derrick Williams. That sounds pretty good. Assuming that the Wolves do decide to try to move that 8th and 20th pick along with Beasley or Johnson, then I think they'd go after Danny Granger. Just putting that out there. If the Cavs get this done though, it would be amazing for their franchise.

Send Detroit Hickson in the deal. He sucks, fits what the Pistons seem to be trying to do.

I think it would be best for the Cavs to try and hang on to Hickson. He's still young and has shown potential. He could be a solid player if they could get a core of Irving, Williams, and him.

Helps out their wallet...

If there is a lockout (full year) though, then they only have one year left on RIP's deal which wouldn't be bad at all. And with a one year deal I'm sure they could swing that in a handful of other trades as well.

I actually want to see how a #1 and #2 pick will manage to work together.

Usually it's the #1 pick whose most likely going to win Rookie of the Year but with the best player in the draft teaming up against another rookie who is arguably the second best rookie in the league, I guess that lowers his chances of winning the award. But I'm sure either care that much about the award anyways.