Shaquille O'Neal to Retire

Top 10 player of all-time, and when he was in his prime he was the most dominant player I've ever seen. I will definitely miss all his crazy antics and soundbites, although I do see him joining TNT or ESPN at some point in the next year or two.

Top 10 player of all-time, and when he was in his prime he was the most dominant player I've ever seen. I will definitely miss all his crazy antics and soundbites, although I do see him joining TNT or ESPN at some point in the next year or two.

I would LOVE to see him on TNT. Fox would love it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a04cXnHghic&feature=related

Perfect time for him to retire, I don't think he could last another season in the league.

He will definitely be missed on the court, while I wasn't able to watch Jordan in his prime, I was able to see the second most dominant player ever in his heyday. One of my favorite players ever, and easily a top 10 player in league history. Sucks that he couldn't win another ring to end his career, I know that's what he ultimately wanted to do.

It would be awesome to see him, Kenny, Charles, and EJ all on Inside the NBA.

Perfect time for him to retire, I don't think he could last another season in the league.

He will definitely be missed on the court, while I wasn't able to watch Jordan in his prime, I was able to see the second most dominant player ever in his heyday. One of my favorite players ever, and easily a top 10 player in league history. Sucks that he couldn't win another ring to end his career, I know that's what he ultimately wanted to do. ...

Made the wrong choice - paid the price. Nobody forced him to join the Celtics.

Edited by Shalïq

Honestly he really didnt have a choice. At this stage in his career he is very injury prone, and not much of an impact player when he is healthy. He has always been known as a smart guy so when he say his health and the lockout possibility he knew it was time to call it quits. He should have no regrets about his career in the NBA.

And yes it would be awesome to see him join TNT crew.

Joining the team with the most championships in NBA history...... ok. Comes from the fan of the team with a curse.

To me, it doesn't really matter how many titles your team had won like 30+ years ago. Time is now.

And I bet the 'team with a curse' will have a brighter near future than the Celtics. Plus the C's won't lead the league in titles a few years from now.

Edited by Shalïq

Definately the most dominant offensive force in NBA history. No disrespect to MJ, but Shaq got legit quintuple teams to try to stop him. That 2000 season was just scary how good he was.

That said, IMO, like I've said before: Shaq is one of the biggest disappointments in NBA history. For as much as he's accomplished, he still could have done more. The league has never seen a guy that big be able to move that well. There's no reason he couldn't average 40/15 if he wanted. If he wanted, he really could have been the best ever period. MJ wouldn't even be in the debate.

But Shaq didn't want to. Never led the league in rebounds or blocked shots. Never bothered to really improve on his FTs or add a jump shot. Wasn't really motivated to stay in great shape. If he had Alonzo's heart, the NBA record books would have been rewritten into his own biography.

Still, he's on my Mt. Rushmore of Centers. One of the greatest ever and a hands down, no doubt about it, unanimous first ballot Hall of Famer.

Edited by ?QuestionMark?

Definately the most dominant offensive force in NBA history. No disrespect to MJ, but Shaq got legit quintuple teams to try to stop him. That 2000 season was just scary how good he was.

That said, IMO, like I've said before: Shaq is one of the biggest disappointments in NBA history. For as much as he's accomplished, he still could have done more. The league has never seen a guy that big be able to move that well. There's no reason he couldn't average 40/15 if he wanted. If he wanted, he really could have been the best ever period. MJ wouldn't even be in the debate.

But Shaq didn't want to. Never led the league in rebounds or blocked shots. Never bothered to really improve on his FTs or add a jump shot. Wasn't really motivated to stay in great shape. If he had Alonzo's heart, the NBA record books would have been rewritten into his own biography.

Still, he's on my Mt. Rushmore of Centers. One of the greatest ever and a hands down, no doubt about it, unanimous first ballot Hall of Famer.

Just imagine if he had worked on his free throws, he would probably be the all time scoring leader. It's a shame that in his prime he didn't want to put work in during the off-season to stay in prime condition.

Very sad news... But can't say I'm surprised, it was bond to happen. One of the best players ever (arguably best center ever), he was totally unstoppable at his prime... He showed us that there was a move that was even more efficient than Jabbar's Sky Hook, it was called "give the ball to Shaq"...

One of my favorite players ever (even though I didn't like him in the 90's, well what can I say I was a Ewing fan... And for those who don't know it those two players hated each other). Certainly the most dominent player ever, no one dominated as he did in the three 2000, 2001 and 2002 NBA Finals. A freak. And one of the funniest players too.. He'll be missed that's for sure.

Have a nice retirement Shaquille "The Rim Breaker" O'Neal :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFME30bB7ok