Bulls, Grizzlies rumored to want Monta Ellis

Then there is the matter of getting the right deal for Ellis, who is due $11 million in each of the next three seasons.

After checking with a few NBA sources, two teams kept coming up — both with the combination of potential interest and the right roster pieces to intrigue West and the Warriors.

They were:

Chicago, which might have been a big-time perimeter scorer away from pushing Miami to the brink in the Eastern Conference finals. Would the Bulls think about Luol Deng for Ellis? Could the Warriors sweeten that offer?

And Memphis, West’s old team, which has Rudy Gay at a huge salary and which offered O.J. Mayo for Ellis in the recent past.

That doesn’t mean it will be easy for the Warriors to trade Ellis — emotionally or practically. It will take some guts. But again, that’s precisely why West was brought to the Warriors in the first place.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29715779

Not sure Ellis is a good fit alongside Rose, if I was Chicago, I'd go for Mayo which wouldn't require giving up a major piece for him. As for the Grizzlies, they've proven they can succeed without one ball stopper, Rudy Gay, what are they going to do with another offensive minded player? They need to keep their core intact, don't make unnecessary adjustments to the roster.

I don't really like him for either team except as a 6th man. He's basically a poor man's Rose with worse decision making ability and efficiency, and the Grizzlies will have a hard enough time already getting Gay to adjust to the gameplan that succeeded in the playoffs, which was work through the post. Adding Ellis would make that even harder.