Finals GM2: Dallas at Miami (MIA 1-0)

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope this lights a fire under someones ass on this team. We gotta go in and make a statement in game 3 and take all the momentum back. I am not at all concerned about us going on the road, we have played well. We simply let this game go, Dallas didn't do anything special. They just made easy shots and we took stupid shots on that defense that we were tearing apart earlier.

I hope this lights a fire under someones ass on this team. We gotta go in and make a statement in game 3 and take all the momentum back. I am not at all concerned about us going on the road, we have played well. We simply let this game go, Dallas didn't do anything special. They just made easy shots and we took stupid shots on that defense that we were tearing apart earlier.

Came back from down 15 with 7 minutes left, shut down Lebron and Wade, nbd.

But what did they do? Wade and Lebron took stupid ass shots on their own. They were getting dunks and layups at will earlier, and they stopped trying to go for that. Mavs got a fast break layup because Haslem saved the ball to them, Dirk got a wide open three, and then he took Bosh one on one. Sure, they executed, but we screwed it up. All we needed to do was hit one or two shots, or drive it in and get to the FT line. We did none of that.

This is exactly what we did to the Bulls in game 5 of the ECF. They screwed up on all levels and we came back. Its not hard to do when the other team can't score worth a crap.

And people wonder why I say Wade is a little bitch. He's always acting, trying to draw garbage calls, and sits in a wheelchair for weeks.

Lol, haters gonna hate.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6080583,00.jpg

http://ufclifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/paulpierece-wheelchair.gif

http://www.kupypspwallpapers.info/psp-wallpapers/paul-pierce-finals-injury-psp-wallpaper.jpg

Came back from down 15 with 7 minutes left, shut down Lebron and Wade, nbd.

They didn't really shut them down though. We just went into ISO mode where we dribble it for 20 seconds and then fire up a stupid shot. Dallas didn't force us into that, it was really a self inflicted collapse.

Dallas will comeback to win by 2. Miami's defense won't hold up at all.... quote this

Lol Jesus Christ man, get a lottery ticket as soon as possible...

Dirk you are unreal!

So I suppose that it means that you don't think that he's a terrible leader any more, right ?

Well anyway the first thing I wanna say in this thread is that I'm quite disappointed by the Heat fans reactions...

Honestly all of this confidence and arrogance is just more than disrespectful. The fact is that both teams are now 1-1 and Dallas has the homecourt advantage... I'd say that it's a good reason to stop being confident about this Miami team... Well I definitely understand fans still wanna believe, the series is far from being over but I will never understand all this stupid arrogance and lack of respect towards the Mavs. You can root for your team as much as you want but it's important to show respect to the opposite team, especially as the Mavs showed that they CLEARLY were good enough to get a ring this year. The Mavs won fair and square. They deserve this win. So instead of talking shit about them the Heat fans might and SHOULD at least respect that team.

And it's easy to say thing like "the Heat should have won, IF...". You can go very far with IFS... If my aunt had balls I would call her Unkie...

Another thing I saw in this thread is stuff like Dallas has nothing... So basically the Heat are now tied, and have lost homecourt advantage, to a a team that has nothing ?! Well I guess that this Heat team sure ain't great then...

Anyway one of the best games of the year for sure. Fantastic game. This Mavs team really is special. And now they have the homecourt advantage and the momentum... So the Mavs did what they had to do in this first two games.

And you can say whatever you want but the fact is that Dallas clearly won that game fair and square. They won it first thanks to their huge D (way better than some people make it to be) and their willness to never give up. And of course thanks to Dirk Nowitzki fantastic leadership. Period.

Dirk is a great leader, he proved it one more time, he never ever gives up, never scream like a retard after he scores (*cough* LeBron, Bosh *cough*) always respect his opponents and gives all what he got to make his team win. Which is why he deserves more than everybody else to get a ring this year. And I sure hope that he will.

A thing that I particularly liked about this game is how the Mavs adjusted, especially in rebounds, they didn't let the Heat take control of the offensive rebounds like they outrageously did in game 1.

Now people can say what they want, the thing is that all the pressure is now on the Heat's shoulders. They HAVE to win one game in Dallas. And they better be ready for game 3, cause you can be sure that Dirk and the Mavs will.

LET'S GO MAVS !!!

• Like 1

They didn't really shut them down though. We just went into ISO mode where we dribble it for 20 seconds and then fire up a stupid shot. Dallas didn't force us into that, it was really a self inflicted collapse.

I didn't know forcing 2 of the best slashers in the game into contested 3 point shots wasn't shutting down.

Well anyway the first thing I wanna say in this thread is that I'm quite disappointed by the Heat fans reactions...

Honestly all of this confidence and arrogance is just more than disrespectful. The fact is that both teams are now 1-1 and Dallas has the homecourt advantage... I'd say that it's a good reason to stop being confident about this Miami team... Well I definitely understand fans still wanna believe, the series is far from being over but I will never understand all this stupid arrogance and lack of respect towards the Mavs. You can root for your team as much as you want but it's important to show respect to the opposite team, especially as the Mavs showed that they CLEARLY were good enough to get a ring this year. The Mavs won fair and square. They deserve this win. So instead of talking shit about them the Heat fans might and SHOULD at least respect that team.

No one is disrespecting the Mavs. We just realize that we blew a game where we could've taken complete control of the series. We were up 15, they didn't do anything overly special to come back. They hit easy shots while we made the game tougher on ourselves. I still think we take 2 in Dallas because we've shown for the majority of the 2 games that we're the better team.

Another thing I saw in this thread is stuff like Dallas has nothing... So basically the Heat are now tied, and have lost homecourt advantage, to a a team that has nothing ?! Well I guess that this Heat team sure ain't great then...

Dallas doesn't have nothing, who said that? The way you beat them is to make Terry a non-factor. Dirk alone won't outscore Wade and LeBron, that's a fact.

And you can say whatever you want but the fact is that Dallas clearly won that game fair and square. They won it first thanks to their huge D (way better than some people make it to be) and their willness to never give up. And of course thanks to Dirk Nowitzki fantastic leadership. Period.

I thought Jason Terry was more of a factor down the stretch than Dirk was to be honest.

Dirk is a great leader, he proved it one more time, he never ever gives up, never scream like a retard after he scores (*cough* LeBron, Bosh *cough*) always respect his opponents and gives all what he got to make his team win. Which is why he deserves more than everybody else to get a ring this year. And I sure hope that he will.

Funny how you talk about respect then take a jab at LBJ for getting pumped after he dunks on someone.

A thing that I particularly liked about this game is how the Mavs adjusted, especially in rebounds, they didn't let the Heat take control of the offensive rebounds like they outrageously did in game 1.

I'll give the Mavs credit for this. They did an excellent job rebounding in game 2. Absolutely killed us on the glass.

Now people can say what they want, the thing is that all the pressure is now on the Heat's shoulders. They HAVE to win one game in Dallas. And they better be ready for game 3, cause you can be sure that Dirk and the Mavs will.

The pressure has been on us all season. This is nothing new.

LET'S GO MAVS !!!

Anything for those damn Heat not to win right?

I didn't know forcing 2 of the best slashers in the game into contested 3 point shots wasn't shutting down.

Dribbling down the shot clock to 5 seconds and then taking a stupid shot isn't something Dallas forced, we've seen it plenty of times this year with Miami.

No one is disrespecting the Mavs.

Really ? So saying things like Dallas has nothing or Dallas didn't win that game, Miami lost it, etc.. ain't disrescpectful ? It sure is to me... Besides you're disrespecting them again by saying this :

I still think we take 2 in Dallas because we've shown for the majority of the 2 games that we're the better team.

No you haven't showed that you were clearly the better team. Both games were lost by less than 10 pts, and the series is tied. Besides the Heat were unusually good from behind the arc in game 1... Dallas could lead 2-0 right now. If it was that clear that you were the better team then you would lead 2-0 and would have won by at least more than 10 pts both times. Especially that the game was in Miami...

Dallas doesn't have nothing, who said that?

A Heat fan did :

I have faith...Dallas has nothing.

The way you beat them is to make Terry a non-factor. Dirk alone won't outscore Wade and LeBron, that's a fact.

Yet Terry, even if he was better last night, wasn't particularly great at the same time... Marion was the clear best second player for Dallas. And other players like Barea or Stojakovic can get on fire any time. They definitely can win without a great Jet.

Funny how you talk about respect then take a jab at LBJ for getting pumped after he dunks on someone.

Yeah maybe but I'm honestly starting to get tired of this to be honest... Although it is totallly unfair to blame me for disrespecting LeBron, I'm one of the only people who never EVER blamed him for leaving Cleveland to Miami this summer, I never even cared about the decision... For me there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. And I never understood all of this hatred for LeBron... But yeah I'm starting to resent his attitude at time as well, it's getting annoying at times...

And my main point here was to show that Dirk was more humble than most players in the league.

Algthough I admit that I shouldn't have said it that way, I give you that.

The pressure has been on us all season. This is nothing new.

Now what I meant to say here is that as they now lost homecourt advantage they have no choice but to win one game in Dallas... So they have more pressure on their shoulders.

Anything for those damn Heat not to win right?

Wrong. I don't hate the Heat. At all. But as I made it clear many time Dirk is my favorite player, the Mavs my second favorite team and so it is perfectly normal for me to root for them. Sorry if I offended you by saying that but I am 100% for the Mavs in those Finals. And I don't think that I can be blamed for that.

When I said they have nothing I didn't mean it like they don't have any good players. What I meant to say, and should have phrased it better, is that they haven't shown they can completely dominate us for a whole game. If we were constantly losing to the Mavs I would be worried, but we hang around all game, and we are able to take the lead when it counts. Simply put, we screwed this game up. I guarantee that if we went on to win this game by 10+ like we should, the mood about the Mavs would be completely different. Good for them, they stole a game, but by no means have they dominated us to the point where I don't have faith in our team to go to Dallas and win a game or two.

I mean what do you want me to say? We are screwed and we can't go to Dallas and win? Then I would play into the Miami fans only like their teams when they win stereotype. I don't think the Lakers or Thunder fans just took it in the ass when they were losing to the Mavs, they had faith in their team, just like I do.

When I said they have nothing I didn't mean it like they don't have any good players. What I meant to say, and should have phrased it better, is that they haven't shown they can completely dominate us for a whole game.

The thing is, the Heat haven't shown that they can completely dominate the Mavs for a whole game either. Like I said earlier, the Heat went on two huge runs (the end of the 2nd, beginning of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th) and Dallas went on one huge run (the last 6 minutes), but outside of those three runs the Heat never looked that great and you can make a valid case that the Mavs controlled play for the majority of the game.

Dallas went on a 22-5 run at the end of the game, but Miami went on a 9-0 run to close out the first half, followed by a 6-1 run to start the third quarter so that was around a 15-1 run in a 6 minute span and then the Heat went on a 13-0 run to start the 4th.

Take out those 18 minutes or so where each team went on substantial runs and the game was actually easily in Dallas' hands as they outscored the Heat 72-60 in the remaining 30 minutes or so that weren't acounted for in those extended runs for each team.

I still think the Heat will win the NBA Championship but if they don't it will be because Dallas will have outplayed them, not because Miami handed them the series like I'm sure some people will try to say considering the fallout from last nights game.