Finals GM3: Miami at Dallas (Series Tied 1-1)

Finals GM3: Miami at Dallas (Series Tied 1-1)  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good job by Spo though. Wade was on tonight and he was in control in the final minutes, even though he didn't do much scoring, he had the ball the majority of the time. This is all too familiar though, Wade and the Mavs going down to the final seconds for two games in a row now just like 06. If things go to plan, the next game should be a blowout for one of these teams like game 4 in the 06 finals.

Regardless of who won, this was a tremendous game to watch.

I was surprised Miami actually pulled this one out. With 3-4min left they kept making dumb play after dumb play...between missed defensive rotations to horrible fouls while in the penalty to extremely hesitant offense by LeBron and Bosh, Dallas really had them on their heels. However, Wade simply willed them to this win. He made a few clutch baskets, and made a number of plays to open things up for his teammates, whether it be off the dribble or out of the post. He was everywhere tonight, and managed to not commit a single turnover the entire game. Dallas fans will continue to have nightmares about him for years.

For the Mavs, tough loss, although their terrible defensive start put them in that hole in the first half and early 3rd quarter. Dirk was amazing the 2nd half, but he's human and commited that bad turnover then missed the tough fadeaway the last 2 possessions. Peja was absolutely horrible defensively, and losing Haywood really hurt them, with Mahinmi nearly setting a Finals record for quickest to foul out in a game. Marion was finally held in check by Miami as well, and while Barea made a lot of great plays, he simply didn't have his shot going. Chandler, Kidd and Terry, for the most part, played strong games, though, but it just wasn't enough.

Can't wait for Game 4!

Huge win to take back control in the series. Tuesday is a must win. Wade was great down the stretch as LBJ just wasn't feeling it tonight. Shows the trust he has in Wade to differ to him down the stretch. Also, huge shot(s) by Bosh in the fourth. Udonis' defense at the end was amazing as well. Nice win against a team of 8.

Oh, and Dirk's not clutch. Turnover with :30 seconds left and missed a game-tying FG. He's simply not clutch.

/I absolutely don't believe that.

I hate watching the post game show. If we win then they praise us, and if we lose its as if the series is over and we can't recover and we must all bow down to Dirk because he is German and he can't be defended.

This series should be 3-0 but cause of the giveaway in game 2 Mavs are still alive. Another thing that I wanna bring up Miami won by 2. So how much will that Chalmers 3 be talked about tomorrow cause the right call was that he was back court but they counted it anyways. If you look back and that 3 points off the boards Dallas wins this game by 1. Just wanna know your guys opinion on this situation.

Huge win for the Heat tonight which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Dallas now. Wade played amazing and was aggressive throughout the game. His penetration left guys like Chalmers, Bosh, and Haslem wide open for easy shots all game. LeBron didn't get the calls he normally gets which is why homecourt is a pretty big advantage in this series. Nowitzki needs more help from the starters, he did his thing but guys like Marion and Kidd need to step up. Great game for sure though, cant wait for the next one.

This series should be 3-0 but cause of the giveaway in game 2 Mavs are still alive. Another thing that I wanna bring up Miami won by 2. So how much will that Chalmers 3 be talked about tomorrow cause the right call was that he was back court but they counted it anyways. If you look back and that 3 points off the boards Dallas wins this game by 1. Just wanna know your guys opinion on this situation.

Seriously?

• Like 1

I don't think you can bring up a basket from the first quarter as the difference in a game. If that shot was only a two pointer, things would have been different. We might have taken an extra three or something, things like that if you get what I am saying. Its just too early in the game for a basket to have an impact on the final result.

• Like 1

Refs have been horrible, but the FT disparity platoon was referring to could have been much, much worse. Not sure how many times Chandler was pushed or held by Haslem, Bosh, or Anthony in the paint. Confidence alluded to it earlier, he was getting absolutely raped.

Either Spo is forgetting how great the LBJ/Wade PnR is, or he's just saving it for key possessions, but he needs to execute more often in games to get Bron going. He hasn't had that dominant impact on games that we all thought he would have.

And I know Dirk is unstoppable to cover (really, he is), but I think Spo finally realizes Anthony is the better defender on Dirk than Haslem is. Smart decision by Spo to go with him rather than resorting to the same defender each play.

Not sure why Dallas doubled LeBron on that final play, which left Bosh wide open for the lead.... Stupid, stupid mistake, especially with the way LBJ was playing, definitely an unnecessary play there.

I think that could go both ways regarding Chandler. There were several times where I saw him just knock a player down and never get called for a loose ball foul or over the back, yet the Heat players barely touched someone and they got called for a loose ball foul. And LeBron wasn't getting any calls tonight. Couldn't believe they didn't call a foul on Marion with a minute left in the game.

I think that could go both ways regarding Chandler. There were several times where I saw him just knock a player down and never get called for a loose ball foul or over the back, yet the Heat players barely touched someone and they got called for a loose ball foul. And LeBron wasn't getting any calls tonight. Couldn't believe they didn't call a foul on Marion with a minute left in the game.

You're probably right, it could go both ways for Chandler, but from what I saw, Chandler was getting held far too many times.

I think LBJ was playing great earlier on in the game. He was forcing the issue offensively, was getting to the lane at will, and had a nasty dunk on Mahinimi. But in the fourth, he got too content with shooting midrange shots and three's (although as a team I think the Heat did a better job with regards to the amount of three's taken).

One thing I noticed was the defense played on Dirk. They're closing out way too hard on him, which allows him to get in the lane so easily. They need to fix that immediately.

And I know Dirk is unstoppable to cover (really, he is), but I think Spo finally realizes Anthony is the better defender on Dirk than Haslem is.

I strongly disagree here. I've thought Haslem has done a better job on Dirk than Anthony this series. Anthony has done the best with what he's got, but he's simply too small to consistently give a strong contest on Dirk's jumpers, and he's consistently letting Dirk abuse him on post-ups. Haslem probably isn't as savvy defensively as Anthony, but he's longer, stronger and tougher, which is the only way you can really defend Dirk.

I strongly disagree here. I've thought Haslem has done a better job on Dirk than Anthony this series. Anthony has done the best with what he's got, but he's simply too small to consistently give a strong contest on Dirk's jumpers, and he's consistently letting Dirk abuse him on post-ups. Haslem probably isn't as savvy defensively as Anthony, but he's longer, stronger and tougher, which is the only way you can really defend Dirk.

I think Haslem and Bosh have done a good job in the paint to contest lay ups, but Anthony overall has done a much better job individually on Nowtizki. Whenever Dirk got the ball when Joel was guarding him, he's unable to drive and is forced to kick it out or shoot over him (which isn't a completely bad idea). With Haslem on him, he has the option of putting the ball on the floor. Haslem is the better player on offense, but when Dirk is on the three point line, he struggles covering him.

I think Haslem and Bosh have done a good job in the paint to contest lay ups, but Anthony overall has done a much better job individually on Nowtizki. Whenever Dirk got the ball when Joel was guarding him, he's unable to drive and is forced to kick it out or shoot over him (which isn't a completely bad idea). With Haslem on him, he has the option of putting the ball on the floor. Haslem is the better player on offense, but when Dirk is on the three point line, he struggles covering him.

Anthony did a better job tonight than in the first 2 games, but in those first 2 games anytime Dirk would post him up he would be able to dribble him down to about 5ft to the rim. Dirk is not bullying Haslem in those situations like he is with Anthony, and as I said I think Haslem's size is causing more resistance on iso jumpers as well. You're right, Anthony is doing a better job of eliminating the drive than Haslem, but if I were Spo I'd almost rather see Dirk drive occasionally and trust Miami's help defense than to see him get space on jumpers or bully the defender around.

Anthony did a better job tonight than in the first 2 games, but in those first 2 games anytime Dirk would post him up he would be able to dribble him down to about 5ft to the rim. Dirk is not bullying Haslem in those situations like he is with Anthony, and as I said I think Haslem's size is causing more resistance on iso jumpers as well. You're right, Anthony is doing a better job of eliminating the drive than Haslem, but if I were Spo I'd almost rather see Dirk drive occasionally and trust Miami's help defense than to see him get space on jumpers or bully the defender around.

I think Spo needs to look into it more and see what's working, he can't let Dirk go off the way he did in the fourth and expect to win again. A few calls here and there for the Mavs, and they would have won it. But I must say, doubling Dirk off the PnR was great tonight, Miami did a nice job. Dirk needs to pass out of double teams better, but the shooters also need to show up.

@ whoever said Dirk is not clutch, IDK if you were being sarcastic or not.. but wow. he scored the final 12 points for us, 15/22 in the 4th. almost made the game tyer.. and hit the game winner over you guys in game 2..? not clutch? yeah.

anyways, refs were inconsistent with their calls, first they gave miami some bad calls, then some shitty calls against the mavs.. bad offciating. dallas had more ft attempts because miami got in the penalty early on.

terry needs to get his shit together, 0-4 in the fourth? missed ft? wow.. give dirk some help. game 4= MUST win.

• Like 1