Miami Heat premmature celebration

I really think the media was stretching when they tried to make this whole "celebration" thing a big deal. I know all the Mavs said it motivated them and what else do you expect them to say, but honestly the Heat gave up. They stopped playing, they looked like a squad who was in the business of taking time off the clock instead of playing basketball. Not trying to take a lot away from the Mavs but the Heat collapsed and fell asleep at the wheel.

Players celebrate like this all the time, and it's the finals what do you expect? I mean that three really did seem like the dagger the Heat were trying to find the whole game. The way the game was going it seemed like it was only a matter of time till the Heat sealed it away, but to go as far as to say that particular celebration suddenly changed things significantly... I don't buy that lol.

• Like 1

I really think the media was stretching when they tried to make this whole "celebration" thing a big deal. I know all the Mavs said it motivated them and what else do you expect them to say, but honestly the Heat gave up. They stopped playing, they looked like a squad who was in the business of taking time off the clock instead of playing basketball. Not trying to take a lot away from the Mavs but the Heat collapsed and fell asleep at the wheel.

Players celebrate like this all the time, and it's the finals what do you expect? I mean that three really did seem like the dagger the Heat were trying to find the whole game. The way the game was going it seemed like it was only a matter of time till the Heat sealed it away, but to go as far as to say that particular celebration suddenly changed things significantly... I don't buy that lol.

Should never ever pose infront of the other teams bench :lol: just run back to your bench quietly and finish the game out. I have no doubt in my mind this definitely had a huge impact on the game...

• Like 1

This is so stupid...if the Heat had won that game, then Dirk holding up three fingers to the crowd then getting all excited with his bench would have been a premature celebration, but no one would care because it was the Mavs. I don't get how holding your hand up and then walking towards the bench is a celebration. Whats his face hit a three in the first quarter of game one and then put up the bulls eye and walked towards the Mavs bench, another premature celebration because they lost that game. We totally got inspired to win after the did that bulls eye.

See how stupid it is? The "celebration" had nothing to do with the outcome. If a team could get payback on everyone that did a celebration, then every team in the NBA really sucks. Every team celebrates after a big shot, especially at home. You can't blame Wade for "celebrating" with a 15 point lead and he just happened to be in front of the Mavs bench.

Edited by SRV

It looks like Wade was trying to ignore LeBron and walk by him but LBJ kept doing the taunting.

Wade had the right to hold his arm up because he played one helluva game and hit a perfect shot. When LBJ, who had done nothing that quarter, walks up to Wade and keeps him near Dallas' bench, he made everything worse.

This is so stupid...if the Heat had won that game, then Dirk holding up three fingers to the crowd then getting all excited with his bench would have been a premature celebration, but no one would care because it was the Mavs. I don't get how holding your hand up and then walking towards the bench is a celebration. Whats his face hit a three in the first quarter of game one and then put up the bulls eye and walked towards the Mavs bench, another premature celebration because they lost that game. We totally got inspired to win after the did that bulls eye.

See how stupid it is? The "celebration" had nothing to do with the outcome. If a team could get payback on everyone that did a celebration, then every team in the NBA really sucks. Every team celebrates after a big shot, especially at home. You can't blame Wade for "celebrating" with a 15 point lead and he just happened to be in front of the Mavs bench.

100% agree this makes no sense. It's kinda like Wilbon put it the other day, if you need a taunt of some sort to wake you up and play motivated you have some serious motivation issues lol. Where was the Mavs "effort" before that? I mean after all it is the finals!

It's like saying if Wade didn't stand and appreciate that "dagger" at that point and time the Mavs would have never woken up? I mean is that the basis for a team that's losing... to not wake up until another player celebrates in front of there bench?

I just don't get that logic. Wade did exactly what any player would have done when making a big shot, he celebrated, I find calling out the Heat's effort much more realistic than saying Wade's celebration is responsible for the final outcome.

Edited by htown11
  • Like 1

But its totally fine when Deshawn Stephenson holds up a 3 to his eye after every 3 he hits, when Jason Terry does the jet after a 3 or a dunk and when Dirk does that little scowl after a big play. Got it.

You're reaching on this big time.

• Like 1

But its totally fine when Deshawn Stephenson holds up a 3 to his eye after every 3 he hits, when Jason Terry does the jet after a 3 or a dunk and when Dirk does that little scowl after a big play. Got it.

You're reaching on this big time.

Come on man you have to admit those are a bit different, what they did and what Terry does isn't close.

But I do agree with just about everyone above the media is blowing this out of proportion, the celebrated because they were ahead and were playing great basketball at the time, not because they thought the game was over.

TBH, I don't watch ESPN, so I don't know what the media has done with this, I just found terrible when I went back and watched it myself. I blew nothing out of proportion either so I don't know how you can say that. When you hold you arm up infront of a teams bench you are going to piss people off, Wade did, they lost.

Come on man you have to admit those are a bit different, what they did and what Terry does isn't close.

But I do agree with just about everyone above the media is blowing this out of proportion, the celebrated because they were ahead and were playing great basketball at the time, not because they thought the game was over.

How are they different? Terry does a stupid celebration after every point he scores, same with Stephenson. That's like if Wade did something after every point. Its ridiculous to even get on them for celebrating at the end of a monster run.

How are they different? Terry does a stupid celebration after every point he scores, same with Stephenson. That's like if Wade did something after every point. Its ridiculous to even get on them for celebrating at the end of a monster run.

Cause they do it all the time, and they dont stand in front of the Miami bench and do it -_-

Cause they do it all the time, and they dont stand in front of the Miami bench and do it -_-

He kept his hand up, walked back and didn't even look at the Dallas bench or even say anything. He held up his form after a corner three to put us up 15 and walked back.

He didn't so some obnoxious sign running down the entire floor like an attention whore like Terry and Stephenson. He held up his form for like 2 seconds lol.

Its different because its always a second thing and then the get back into the game they never get another person to start celebrating with them. And they don't slow walk in front of the opposing teams bench during the celebration, they do what they do and its always the same no matter what the situation is. Like I said above the celebration was fair, nothing was wrong with it, but you cant say it was the same thing the Terry and Stephenson that is wrong.

I don't get it man. These guys can do nothing without it being put under a ridiculous microscope. Celebrating with your best friend after you both just fueled a ridiculous run full of highlight plays is now not allowed and considered classless. But running around the court acting like a [expletive]ing airplane and holding a 3 up to your eye is totally ok. I don't get it.

TBH, I don't watch ESPN, so I don't know what the media has done with this, I just found terrible when I went back and watched it myself. I blew nothing out of proportion either so I don't know how you can say that. When you hold you arm up infront of a teams bench you are going to piss people off, Wade did, they lost.

Ya during the press conference the main question that kept getting brought up was the whole "celebration" thing. That kind of became the focal point of the post game discussion instead of how the Heat actually blew the game, or how the Mavs made a triumphant comeback either spin you want to go with.

I agree celebrating in front of the opposing teams bench will light a fire under any opponents ass, but that common celebration that occurs so often in professional sports suddenly become more relevant than the rest of the mistakes the Heat made.

I look at it as just an accessory to the bigger picture, it shouldn't be the focal point of anything it's just a potential wake up call but it's not headline worthy.

I don't get it man. These guys can do nothing without it being put under a ridiculous microscope. Celebrating with your best friend after you both just fueled a ridiculous run full of highlight plays is now not allowed and considered classless. But running around the court acting like a [expletive]ing airplane and holding a 3 up to your eye is totally ok. I don't get it.

I cant speak about anyone else, but I did say nothing was wrong with the celebration.

And yes that is what happens to a person(s) when they become couple of the biggest superstars in the world, everything you do will get criticized whether they or the fans like it or not.

So the fact that he did it in front of the Mavs bench was the problem? If it was in front of the Heat bench or on the other side it would be totally cool, got it.

I don't know if the media knows they do this, but this is so stupid and is getting blown out of proportion. The Mavs are adding to it as well. Saying that it motivated them.....how convenient that all of a sudden they were able to make us suck because they were motivated. If all they need is motivation to win a game, then I don't know why they don't feel sorry for themselves before the game and then just kick our ass during the game. They won because we got too comfortable with the lead and played like crap. Simple as that.

So the fact that he did it in front of the Mavs bench was the problem? If it was in front of the Heat bench or on the other side it would be totally cool, got it.

Exactly, I don't get how that isn't a problem. You don't stand infront of some on and pose in their face. If anyone did that it would be [expletive]ed up. I'm not putting anyone under a microscope either, it was something that was very noticeable because it's something you don't do...

I can't believe this has gotten 2 pages of replies and has been so overblown by the media...it's a non-issue. He made a big shot to put his team up 15pts in THE NBA FINALS, held the follow through, then walked backed slowly to his bench. It's not a big deal. It happens all the [expletive]ing time, and the only time it ever really crosses the line IMO is when they actually taunt the opposing team's bench directly; Wade didn't even look their way and didn't even appear to say a word.

Also, what often goes largely unnoticed in these situations is how the bench will scream, throw towels and other things when an opposing player takes a shot in front of their bench. I couldn't tell if any of the Mavs players were screaming or anything on Wade's shot, but it happens all the time (specifically with the Celtics), and IMO is a lot worse then what Wade did because it directly impacts the game. Yet, that occurance never even gets noticed, let alone blown way out of proportion like this did.

Lol, since we're talking about benches...it went unnoticed that went Chalmers hit the shot to tie the game, one of the Dallas coaches was up and yelling at him. That's as classy as it gets right there.