Miami Heat premmature celebration

Yep, dead serious. Little white coach right next to him yells at him when he shoots the 3 to tie it.

Lmao so what that happens every game, as a matter of fact it probably happens everytime a shot infront of the opposing teams bench is taken. You need to stop looking at it blindly as a Miami fan.

Lmao so what that happens every game, as a matter of fact it probably happens everytime a shot infront of the opposing teams bench is taken. You need to stop looking at it blindly as a Miami fan.

Well i'm not a hardcore Miami fan you know what team I root for lol but I thought he meant that these kinds of distractions happen all the time, do they really fuel the fire that much? I guess it depends how you see it from an impact standpoint they all seem like basic distractions to me.

Well i'm not a hardcore Miami fan you know what team I root for lol but I thought he meant that these kinds of distractions happen all the time, do they really fuel the fire that much? I guess it depends how you see it from an impact standpoint they all seem like basic distractions to me.

I agree. I dont think it fuels the fire all that much especially this late in the season lol its the finals for god sakes what more do you need to play your best ball? But with that said I do think it fuels it a little, because no matter what anyone says, if your a competitor and someone is attemting to trash it is going to piss you off a little. It might even bring out the little edge that you had been missing. Thats what I beleive happened in this case.

• Like 1

these kinds of distractions happen all the time, do they really fuel the fire that much?

Hearing what the Mavericks players had to say, wouldn't you say that the answer is yes? And if so, is a showboat celebration really worth it in the end?

Terry celebrates. But he does it running down to the other end of the court. Stevenson celebrates, but does it running down the court. The Wade celebration was a clear "[expletive] you" to the bench, and I don't think that can be argued.

I don't really care about what he did, though it seemed a touch unnecessary. But, if it's going to (and they say it did) fuel their fire for a comeback.. is the camera time worth it?

Hearing what the Mavericks players had to say, wouldn't you say that the answer is yes? And if so, is a showboat celebration really worth it in the end?

It sounded like the generic response after a comeback lol.

Terry celebrates. But he does it running down to the other end of the court. Stevenson celebrates, but does it running down the court. The Wade celebration was a clear "[expletive] you" to the bench, and I don't think that can be argued.

I don't really care about what he did, though it seemed a touch unnecessary. But, if it's going to (and they say it did) fuel their fire for a comeback.. is the camera time worth it?

All valid points no doubt. Again IMO I didn't think it was that big of a deal what Wade did, but it works both ways while the opponent may feel offended the home team had the obvious reaction. That's kinda my logic on it, it cancels each other out. Both sides had basic human reaction to the situation, I just don't buy keying in on that one play as a big story to the final outcome the way the media did.

But interesting to hear the other end of it lol I can understand why it can be considered a bigger deal than I think it is now.

That didn't fuel anyone. Like I said, if all they need is a little motivation to shut us out, then they are the best team in NBA history. If all I needed to get into the NBA was motivation then it would be easy, but there are other factors. Its a generic response. If they said, nah we just shut them out because they sucked, then they would be seen as a cocky team, but in reality, thats what they should have said.

Also, I love how you guys shake off Terry and Stevenson's celebrations as if it wasn't the same crap. Why do they celebrate? They get excited and fire up themselves and the team. Why did Wade celebrate? He just hit a three and gave us a 15 point lead in the NBA finals. Wade walked towards the Heat bench just like Terry and Stevenson walked to their bench. You guys make it seem as if Wade hit the three, cursed at the Mavs bench, whipped out his wang and slapped each player and coach, and then slowly walked towards mid court and pointed and laughed at the Mavs bench.

That didn't fuel anyone. Like I said, if all they need is a little motivation to shut us out, then they are the best team in NBA history. If all I needed to get into the NBA was motivation then it would be easy, but there are other factors. Its a generic response. If they said, nah we just shut them out because they sucked, then they would be seen as a cocky team, but in reality, thats what they should have said.

Also, I love how you guys shake off Terry and Stevenson's celebrations as if it wasn't the same crap. Why do they celebrate? They get excited and fire up themselves and the team. Why did Wade celebrate? He just hit a three and gave us a 15 point lead in the NBA finals. Wade walked towards the Heat bench just like Terry and Stevenson walked to their bench. You guys make it seem as if Wade hit the three, cursed at the Mavs bench, whipped out his wang and slapped each player and coach, and then slowly walked towards mid court and pointed and laughed at the Mavs bench.

I don't know about you but if most people who play a competitive sport like basketball get a bit more motivated to play harder, when someone is celebrating infront of you or saying some shit to you.

Dude no. Its not the same thing, if Wade kept his hand up like that after every shot then it would be but he doesn't. Terry and Stephenson do that just about every time (consistently). And they do it alone they dont get another player to walk up to them say some shit, punch him twice, and them walk off. I understand you are a Heat fan but you cant say they are the same, stop lieing to yourself.

You think Wade told Lebron to walk up to him? As if they have some sort of connection where Wade can tell Lebron what to do during a celebration?

Its like if you hit a big shot in a game and your teammate walks up to you to give you five or chest bump or something. Do you just walk away like "No man, if you touch me its a celebration, let me do my celebration by myself so I look like less of an ass"

You guys should really think about what you say. It's cool to celebrate by yourself, every time, winning or losing, but its not cool to celebrate with a 15 point lead, on your home floor in the NBA finals. It makes 0 sense to me what you guys are saying.

I hope Wade does a dance after every shot so that it doesn't count as a celebration.

You think Wade told Lebron to walk up to him? As if they have some sort of connection where Wade can tell Lebron what to do during a celebration?

Its like if you hit a big shot in a game and your teammate walks up to you to give you five or chest bump or something. Do you just walk away like "No man, if you touch me its a celebration, let me do my celebration by myself so I look like less of an ass"

You guys should really think about what you say. It's cool to celebrate by yourself, every time, winning or losing, but its not cool to celebrate with a 15 point lead, on your home floor in the NBA finals. It makes 0 sense to me what you guys are saying.

I hope Wade does a dance after every shot so that it doesn't count as a celebration.

Like I said before there was nothing wrong with the celebration shit I would have done the same thing. I as far as i can see not many people are against the celebration. What they are against is the fact Heat fans comparing that celebration to what Terry and Stephenson do, and the fact that they think celebrating in front of the other teams bench wont fire them up.

If you dont get this by now you probably wont, the white hot heat has made you blind. ;)

Im just saying that he just happened to be in front of their bench when he hit that shot....if they didn't call a timeout he would have run back on defense anyway. I think its stupid to call that a celebration. He hit a big shot, held his hand up, and walked towards the bench. Its not his fault Lebron walked up to him.

Im just saying that he just happened to be in front of their bench when he hit that shot....if they didn't call a timeout he would have run back on defense anyway. I think its stupid to call that a celebration. He hit a big shot, held his hand up, and walked towards the bench. Its not his fault Lebron walked up to him.

I have no problem with the LeBron James thing. JET and and Stevenson do those things all the time to celebrate. Wade never holds his hand out to celebrate. He wasn't even celebrating, he was just posing like saying 'hold that' and he did as he walked right infront of the Dallas bench and as they were walking past them. It was a completely cocky move and it back fired. If he jumped back to the bench beating his chest and pumping the crowd up I wouldn't have had a problem, but you hold your hand up like that to taunt an opponent, not celebrate. Edited by fish7718

Yes its not his fault, so wtf does that change? Does it make it any less of a celebration that Lebron came up to him and celebrated uninvited? lol

You guys know that if we won that game none of this would matter? They just needed some kind of story. Would that have motivated them if they lost the game? Probably not, it would just go down as something they did to pump up the crowd. In the game happening right now, Terry pointed to the crowd and said this is our house, we could easily take that as motivation, but its too early to bring it up. If the Mavs lose, and I was a player on the Heat, I would say Terry pumping up the crowd was motivation. Thats pretty much exactly what Wade did, he didn't even look at the Mavs bench.

Whatever, no changing my mind. He did nothing wrong in my book.

You guys know that if we won that game none of this would matter? They just needed some kind of story. Would that have motivated them if they lost the game? Probably not, it would just go down as something they did to pump up the crowd. In the game happening right now, Terry pointed to the crowd and said this is our house, we could easily take that as motivation, but its too early to bring it up. If the Mavs lose, and I was a player on the Heat, I would say Terry pumping up the crowd was motivation. Thats pretty much exactly what Wade did, he didn't even look at the Mavs bench.

Whatever, no changing my mind. He did nothing wrong in my book.

No one said he did anything wrong.

You guys know that if we won that game none of this would matter? They just needed some kind of story.

First of all, let me say this again. I had no clue this was actually getting media attention, it was just something I noticed and found funny, and duh it wouldn't matter if you won, thats obvious, but that's like saying a player wouldn't get criticized for crucial turnovers if they won. It's all circumstantial, that fact remains you did lose and Wade didn't help it when he did this...

Wade walked towards the Heat bench just like Terry and Stevenson walked to their bench.

Come on. I know you're a Heat fan.. but come on. Terry and Stevenson celebrate as they're running across half court. Wade posed and took 15 seconds to cross the center line. It's not the same thing.