Jimmer Won't Accept Bucks' Workout Offer?

BYU G Jimmer Fredette is "doubtful" to accept an invitation to work out for the Bucks, a source tells the Journal Sentinel.

The Bucks are having a hard time getting prospects in. First Enes Kanter bailed on them, and now Fredette looks like he's going to pass. Perhaps Fredette doesn't want to land behind Brandon Jennings, but he needs to be realistic. A backup scoring guard role suits him best.

rotoworld

Can't really blame prospects for not wanting to go to Milwaukee. They really don't have a good outlook for the future, and for Jimmer, he doesn't want to play backup to Jennings. He wants to play combo-guard for my Pacers ;) lol. Seriously though, it's sad for the Bucks that players aren't even accepting their workout offers.

Thoughts?

I think it's ridiculous for players to "decline" or "refuse" to go to workouts for certain teams. They should be grateful that they're even getting the chance to make it into the NBA. I'm really starting to hate the way players in today's game act.

I think it's ridiculous for players to "decline" or "refuse" to go to workouts for certain teams. They should be grateful that they're even getting the chance to make it into the NBA. I'm really starting to hate the way players in today's game act.

Co-signed to the fullest.

If it was up to me, workouts would be mandatory.

He sucks anyways, so it doesn't matter. He's an Adam Morrison-lite.

I feel the exact same way. Maybe he'll be a decent player but I don't see him doing very well in the NBA, especially if he's being picky about potential teams that want him.

What's funny is that we actually drafted him too. :lol:

But for this topic, I'm actually sad to see him say this. I feel like he could start over Jennings to be honest. He can shoot and I can't imagine it would be that hard for him to dish out ~3 apg. Defense wouldn't be a major downgrade since Jennings looks confused 90% of the time.

We'd just get an instant offensive boost. No reason why Jennings should scare him.

Essentially it is but he still shouldn't be rejecting a workout.

I agree, however I just can't fathom why a team like Milwaukee, after witnessing how bad Jennings is, can even think about drafting a guy like Jimmer.

Agreed.

It's also this type of attitude that is making players want to join up with their "friends" to create a super-team.

• Like 1