OTR 2011 Mock Draft Challenge Sign-Ups

Built Ford Tough

Anybody up for this again? It was pretty successful last season, so I thought I would bring it back this year and since there is 10 days before the draft and the NBA season came to a close last night with the Mavs winning the Finals, I figured now would be a good time to make this thread.

For those of you that don't know what this is, or don't remember, here is how it works:

Rules:

1. Each poster will create a mock draft of the first round only which they will private message to me. Each poster will have until the start of the draft to PM me their mocks. You can edit your mock and send a new one to me whenever, but once the draft begins all submissions are final.

2. Point system: For every correct pick you receive 3 points. For every player 1 pick off you receive 2 points. For every player 2 picks off you receive 1 point. If your mock has a player more than 2 slots away from his draft position you get 0 points for that player. (example below)

3. Each poster will need to private message me their mock instead of posting it in the thread to keep from others looking at your picks. I will post all of the mocks in a new thread just prior to the start of the draft and will total them after the draft finishes.

4. 5 bonus points will be rewarded if you are able to get the entire lottery correct.

5. In the event of a tie, the winner will be whoever gets the most picks exactly correct.

Example of scoring system:

Real draft

1. John Wall

2. Evan Turner

3. Derrick Favors

4. Wesley Johnson

5. DeMarcus Cousins

6. Ekpe Udoh

7. Greg Monroe

8. Al-Farouq Aminu

9. Gordon Hayword

10. Paul George

Your mock draft

1. Washington - John Wall - 3 points

2. Philadelphia - Evan Turner - 3 points

3. New Jersey - Derrick Favors - 3 points

4. Minnesota - Wesley Johnson - 3 points

5. Sacramento - DeMarcus Cousins - 3 points

6. Golden State - Ekpe Udoh - 3 points

7. Detroit - Greg Monroe - 3 points

8. LA Clippers - Al-Farouq Aminu - 3 points

9. Utah - Ed Davis - 0 points

10. Indiana - Gordon Hayward - 2 points

Final Score: 26 points

If you have any ideas that you feel would make this better, feel free to mention them to me and I'll take them into consideration.

If you are interested sign up here.

Participants

AboveLegit

TheHutch

Real Deal

Dash

Prodigy

htownborn

fish7718

Sun Tzu

?QuestionMark?

Newman

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner
3. Each poster will need to private message me their mock instead of posting it in the thread to keep from others looking at your picks.

Well, I'd like to encourage everyone to post their mock drafts on the site, and I'm assuming their mock draft topics will be similar to the submissions you'll receive.

But, honestly, do you ever look at a member's mock draft and take something from it? I think we all do, and that's the thing. We will all go to DraftExpress, or NBADraft.net, at some point, and see what's posted. We'll check out Chad Ford's stuff. We'll read everyone else's.

Also, do you want 30 picks? I figure it's just for the first round. :)

Last year people wanted to PM their mocks to me so that is why I had that there.

If you guys don't care, or want to post them prior to the start of the draft, then I'll make a thread right now and you can post them there whenever you are ready.

I don't really care either way.

And yeah, only 30 picks. The 2nd round is way too much of a crap shoot (as well as the last 5-10 picks in most first rounds) and I really don't want to go and tally up 60 picks from around 15-20 members, haha.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I don't see the point for the 5 bonus points for a correct lottery draft... if they get all 13 right, they're gonna win anyways haha

Not necessarily since the later portion of the first round is usually where the seperation is created from the top and bottom since the lottery is usually easier to predict, at least in terms of who will be in the lottery (although the order can be tricky).

Also, are you in? Not sure since you never really showed any indication if you wanted in or not.

How about we do this.

If you want to post your mock draft with descriptions and all of that in the Mock Draft forum go right ahead. It will hopefully generate discussion and help the forum out.

Just do me a favor and just pm the mock draft that you wish to enter into the contest so that I know for sure that I am using the correct won.

That sound good?

I would edit my mock with all these rumors, but [expletive] it, I'm sending it now.

Same. My gut is telling that there will be another deal but eh whatever.

I would edit my mock with all these rumors, but [expletive] it, I'm sending it now.

Yeah, tell me about it. I completely forgot to even put together a mock until about an hour ago. I started it just after positng in this thread. :lol:

I'll make the thread with all of the mocks now, so if anybody has a late entry, make sure to get it to me.