Clippers extend qualifying offer to center DeAndre Jordan

The Los Angeles Clippers today extended a qualifying offer to center DeAndre Jordan, making him a restricted free agent.

In accordance with the league’s collective bargaining agreement, in order for a team to retain its right of first refusal with respect to a restricted free agent, the team must tender the player a qualifying offer prior to June 30. A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with any team, but is subject to a right of first refusal with the team for which the player last played.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7786#ixzz1PHaEgOce

• Like 1

The Clips absolutely must lock this kid up. He has a ton of potential on both sides of the ball, and last season was a 10/10/2 on 69% shooting player as a starter, which already makes him one of the better centers in the league. In 2-3 years the Clips could have the best starting frontcourt in the league with him and Griffin.

The Clips absolutely must lock this kid up. He has a ton of potential on both sides of the ball, and last season was a 10/10/2 on 69% shooting player as a starter, which already makes him one of the better centers in the league. In 2-3 years the Clips could have the best starting frontcourt in the league with him and Griffin.

I wouldn't say both sides of the ball, he's shown little on the offensive end of the court in his years in the league- he has not jumpshot and doesn't really have a soft touch around the basket. He pretty much gets his points from either put backs or from drop offs/set ups from his teammates.

He definitely has a lot of potential defensively though.

Booooo

I want to see him play for the Rockets so bad. Born in Houston, always wanted to play for the Rockets as a kid, damn fulfill that dream please lol.

I think he might be bitter about the Rockets passing up on him during the draft a couple years ago, but that Chron article a while back pretty much confirmed for me that he will absolutely be considering the Rockets as a destination. We can offer our entire cap space, which is roughly $7.5 million, and I still doubt that the Clippers wouldn't match.

I wouldn't say both sides of the ball, he's shown little on the offensive end of the court in his years in the league- he has not jumpshot and doesn't really have a soft touch around the basket. He pretty much gets his points from either put backs or from drop offs/set ups from his teammates.

He definitely has a lot of potential defensively though.

A jumpshot is one of the few things that can realistically be added to one's repetoire, so I do think he has potential on that side of the ball. And with the way the league is right now, centers really aren't expected to do much offensively except finish around the basket and set strong picks. As it is Jordan is one of the better finishers in the league, and if he adds a decent jumper he'll be a major threat with Griffin as his frontcourt-mate.

• 2 weeks later...

I've wanted him on the Nugs for so long...

He just has very very long arms on that tall body... someone said he should be compared to Bill Russell defensively, I think it's not really a reach.

He can be the best defender in the L for the next decade, pulling rebounds and blocking shots, as long as he doesn't get hurt. And if he can be that, he doesn't need to worry about the offense... few can stop him if he decides to catch lob passes anyway.