G.S. offer for Dwight Howard

• Owner

First rounder means nothing. I think the Bulls can make a better offer personally.

I wonder how far Chicago would go. Noah and Deng?

If I were the Bulls, I'd stick Noah and Boozer on the table ASAP, and cross my fingers that we'd be able to keep Deng. Not sure what Orlando wants, though, but that would definitely give them a little extra beef in their frontcourt (even though there's no replacing Dwight).

• Owner

Lmao you guys are crazy if you think there is going to be a straight up deal for Howard. What ever team he gets traded to is going to have to take one or more of Orlando's AWFUL contracts.

It could be Turk, because there's a huge chance the NBA will have an amnesty clause for each team to use next season, and waiving Arenas would be the top priority for Orlando (because they sure as hell wouldn't be able to trade him without Dwight, and even then, it would be tough to match salaries).

I wonder how far Chicago would go. Noah and Deng?

If I were the Bulls, I'd stick Noah and Boozer on the table ASAP, and cross my fingers that we'd be able to keep Deng. Not sure what Orlando wants, though, but that would definitely give them a little extra beef in their frontcourt (even though there's no replacing Dwight).

They gotta do whatever it takes to get Dwight. The idea of pairing him up with Rose should be enough to convince their front office to part ways with Deng and Noah.

• Owner

They gotta do whatever it takes to get Dwight. The idea of pairing him up with Rose should be enough to convince their front office to part ways with Deng and Noah.

Well sure, but I would dangle Boozer before Deng. Taj Gibson is more than capable of starting for Chicago, and he would probably do pretty well alongside Howard. The thought of having Howard, Gibson and Deng in the frontcourt is S-C-A-R-Y for the entire league. I'm not sure how many could actually score 100 on that trio.

I highly doubt Orlando wants another bad contract, Boozer is on the books for another 5 years, and is making 14+ million each year. If they're dealing away Howard, they will probably want a good young talent in return such as Deng.

And Chicago should look to deal Boozer for a good SG, not sure how many teams would want him, but it's worth a try.

Lakers can definitely offer a more than the Bulls can, Bynum and Odom would top every reasonable trade.

Bynum has questionable health, and I see no reason to trade for Odom. Orlando needs to realize they won't be contending for the next few years. If the CBA works out and they are given an amnesty clause, it would help their rebuilding process greatly.

Noah and Deng is easily the better package. Both are younger, are great defenders and borderline all stars. I don't understand how the Lakers can offer the better package.

Bynum has questionable health, and I see no reason to trade for Odom. Orlando needs to realize they won't be contending for the next few years. If the CBA works out and they are given an amnesty clause, it would help their rebuilding process greatly.

Noah and Deng is easily the better package. Both are younger, are great defenders and borderline all stars. I don't understand how the Lakers can offer the better package.

Yes but they imo if Dwight leaves would need a guy to build around. Bynum has had health problems but when healthy he can be a guy you can build around. Both Noah and Deng are excellent players but they are not players that you can build off of.

Also i don't think they will need to go into complete rebuild mode if they trade Dwight. Nelson, Richardson, Odom, Bass, and Bynum still keeps them with as solid ass roster.

Yes but they imo if Dwight leaves would need a guy to build around. Bynum has had health problems but when healthy he can be a guy you can build around. Both Noah and Deng are excellent players but they are not players that you can build off of.

Bynum could be a great player, but I wouldn't count on him being a franchise player. Noah and Deng still have room to grow, and if they rebuild properly and succeed in future drafts, they could be in a great position to contend.

Also i don't think they will need to go into complete rebuild mode if they trade Dwight. Nelson, Richardson, Odom, Bass, and Bynum still keeps them with as solid ass roster.

What would that roster accomplish? A first round appearance in the playoffs?

Fact is, taking into consideration how great of a player Dwight is, you trade him for players you absolutely are comfortable with. Bynum has health concerns and Lamar has maybe 2-3 good years left.

Noah isn't exactly the poster boy for staying healthy either, though. In his 4 years in the league he has missed around 62 games as well, and it should be worth noting that in the two seasons when he has played 30 minutes or more a game he has missed 52 games. He is a small center and, I know it is a small sample size, but it looks like he may have some troubles logging heavy minutes at the 5. The fact that he doesn't exactly have a large frame doesn't really work in his favour either as it isn't very likely he will be able to add much more size and because of that he will always be undersized at the 5.

The same concerns can be applied to Deng as well, since he has a history of missing time too. He has been fairly healthy the last two seasons, but he has also played in 63 games or less 3 times in his 7 year career.

Bynum obviously has more injury concerns, but these two aren't exactly ironmen either.

Another thing worth noting is that Noah and Deng are both signed to big money long term deals. Noah is entering the first year of his $60.5M/5 year deal while Deng has around $40M over 3 years left on his contract. That is a lot of money for a team that is likely going to try and enter more of a rebuilding phase to commit to, especially considering the fact that neither one of these two are really players that you build a team around. For all of the concerns around him, Bynum has the potential to be a player that you can build a team around while both Noah and Deng are the kinds of players that you look to surround a star with.

It isn't a terrible deal by any means, but I could definitely see why a team like Orlando would look to take the high risk, high reward scenario in Bynum than go the safe route with Noah/Deng taking all things into consideration.