Enes Kanter Falling out of the Top 5?

Built Ford Tough

SamAmicoFSO Sam Amico

For all the confident talk by his agent, it appears Enes Kanter is slowly dropping out of the top five of NBA draft. Poor workouts maybe?

I wonder if this is actually as a result of him having poor workouts, questions about his ability to play the 5, etc... or if it is possibly him trying to dictate his way to Washington, which he has made it clear that is where he wants to go. It wouldn't surprise me if this was just him trying to make it so that it is guaranteed he is drafted by Washington because of the things that went on at the Combine and all of that.

Then again, how connected is Sam Amico anyways? I'm not sure how credible he is.

Either way, it is looking like AboveLegit might get his wish because I do believe that if Utah (doesn't look likely as I think Knight is their guy) or Cleveland pass on him that he will last until 6. Toronto, from all that I've gathered, doesn't seem to be very interested in him and didn't come away partcularly impressed when they met with him at the beginning of the month.

I honestly would be shocked if Cleveland or Toronto pass on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors passed on him. From what I read they didn't seem very impressed with him during the times that they met with him and saw him workout. It could all be a typical Colangelo smokescreen, but I definitely believe that, at the very least, the Raptors are higher on Knight, Valanciunas and maybe Biyombo than they are on Kanter.

I could definitely see the Cavs taking Valanciunas over him as well. Kanter is probably more of a sure thing, but I do believe that Valanciunas has a higher ceiling than he does and if Valanciunas manages to put it all together he could be one of the better centers in the league, possibly a more offensively gifted Joakim Noah. I think Kanter is going to be more of an Al Jefferson type of big. Solid scorer and rebounder, but limited in most other areas.

Then again, what do I really know? I've seen maybe a full game of Valanciunas and literally no live action from Kanter, so my opinion is hardly a fact on this topic.