Lamar Odom for Minnesota's #2?

• Owner

Wow...getting interesting.

Lakers discussion with the Timberwolves have centered around the #2 pick for Lamar Odom. LO would not be a fan but could be flipped by MIN.

http://twitter.com/#!/probballdraft/status/82940722302562304

Bring in the #2, package it with Drew for Dwight.

Or, draft Williams or Irving, work a package to send Drew and fillers to Orlando for Dwight and Arenas or Turkoglu.

So many possibilities here.

• Owner

For one, I didn't specify the trade in my scenario after what I quoted. I still think the main focus is bringing Gasol to Minnesota. The point is, I'm surprised that the Lakers are pushing, and that Minny is talking.

I made a topic for it because it's from a draft source, one that pulls information from other sources. They've provided other accurate information before.

Not only that, but hey, it would be nice to see more activity.

If you're punching your wall and hate the topic, bounce, and go discuss your team's lottery pick. I'm sure some of you were acting the same way when Mr. Gasol came to LA in 2008.

Why would anyone be surprised that Minny is talking trade with any and everyone? There are 29 GMs in this league that know a sucker when they see one and Khan is a sucker...with the exception of bringing in Beasley as I think that was a great trade for them.

Why would anyone be surprised that Minny is talking trade with any and everyone? There are 29 GMs in this league that know a sucker when they see one and Khan is a sucker...with the exception of bringing in Beasley as I think that was a great trade for them.

Completely agree. Why would you not try if you were a gm? and if you were Khan why not try to get a good deal out of it?

Honestly I dont think Odom for the second pick is gonna cut it, imo they are looking for a package for the pick not player for pick straight up.

• Owner

What would actually make sense is...

Warriors get:

Lamar Odom

Martell Webster

Lakers get:

#2 pick

Darko Milicic

Luke Ridnour

Wolves get:

Monta Ellis

Lakers lose Odom for the #2, and have to take on two bad contracts. Warriors lose Ellis for Odom (who they have wanted for a while) and a 50/50 chance of a productive player in Webster. Minnesota loses their #2 and bad contracts for Monta, who fills the need at the two-guard spot, and forms a trio with Love and Rubio.

No idea.

Warriors get:

Lamar Odom

Martell Webster

Lakers get:

#2 pick

Darko Milicic

Luke Ridnour

Wolves get:

Monta Ellis

Lakers lose Odom for the #2, and have to take on two bad contracts. Warriors lose Ellis for Odom (who they have wanted for a while) and a 50/50 chance of a productive player in Webster. Minnesota loses their #2 and bad contracts for Monta, who fills the need at the two-guard spot, and forms a trio with Love and Rubio.

No idea.

....right

Wolves have much better options for the #2 such as Bogut

Warriors have much better options for Monta Ellis

doubt there is truth to this

Edited by fish7718

Spoken by the fan of a stack team lolololol. Tampering much?

My team has nothing to do with this..are you still not over last summer's free agency? Please lets not turn this into something involving the Heat.

^^That above deal stinks btw.

Edited by Flash

Warriors get:

Lamar Odom

Martell Webster

Lakers get:

#2 pick

Darko Milicic

Luke Ridnour

Wolves get:

Monta Ellis

No idea.

I don't see what is stopping the Warriors/Wolves from cutting the Lakers from that deal.

Edited by Dash
  • Like 1

Apparently the Wolves want Bynum..

As Minnesota continues search for high-level player in exchange for No. 2 pick, source says T-Wolves made offer for Lakers C Andrew Bynum.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick/status/83218750945492992

Highly doubt the Lakers let go of Bynum, I love Derrick Williams as a prospect, but I don't think he fits the Lakers needs as good as Bynum does.

• Owner

I don't see what is stopping the Warriors/Wolves from cutting the Lakers from that deal.

The Warriors have made calls to the Lakers for Odom in the past.

Which is more valuable to the Wolves: Monta and dropping two bad contracts, or the #2?

You tell me.

The Warriors have made calls to the Lakers for Odom in the past.

Which is more valuable to the Wolves: Monta and dropping two bad contracts, or the #2?

You tell me.

He's not worth it if the Warriors are losing Ellis.

Apparently the Wolves want Bynum..

http://twitter.com/#...218750945492992

Highly doubt the Lakers let go of Bynum, I love Derrick Williams as a prospect, but I don't think he fits the Lakers needs as good as Bynum does.

It would basically end all the Dwight to LA talk as well. Doubt LA even considers it.

It would basically end all the Dwight to LA talk as well. Doubt LA even considers it.

Not if the Magic value the #2 pick more than Bynum. I think it was a few weeks ago that it was reported that the Magic brass have some concerns about Bynum's injury history.