Tristain Thompson to Cavs at 4?

Ford thinks that the Cavs really like him and may consider drafting him at 4 if Kanter is picked 2nd or 3rd.

4. If Kanter is off the board, the Cavs will have to choose between taking Jonas Valanciunas and Texas forward Tristan Thompson. I think they are actually leaning toward Thompson. The Cavs love Valanciunas, but have concerns about his inability to play in the NBA next season. Those concerns would dissipate if they trade down, but at No. 4 they are hesitant to take him.

Sources say the Cavs brought Thompson back for a second workout on Monday along with Williams, Kanter and Brandon Knight. Thompson met with owner Dan Gilbert and, from what I can gather, there's a growing comfort level with Thompson at No. 4. That should come as some vindication for our own John Hollinger. On Monday, Hollinger's Draft Rater pegged Thompson as the third-best prospect in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30601/latest-draft-buzz-the-top-five-picks

Not sure if I am buying this as it seems every year a day or two before the draft there is always some mid-late lottery player that suddenly gets consideration in the top 5, but who really knows. The (unjustifiable) concerns around Valanciunas' buyout may make this a realistic possibility.

Thompson is going to make a solid NBA role player but the 4th pick? Too high for him. I don't see why Cleveland would care whether Valanciunas is able to play next season (if there even is a season) when they obviously aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I just can't imagine him being picked at #4, it just goes to show how weak this draft is I guess. But seriously, the Cavs are much better options to choose from at #4 than Tristan Thompson.

All I'm hearing is that JJ is gone now.

We need scoring...and Thompson is more of a defensive player now so I don't see why we didn't just trade this pick for more picks in the 1st.

And what about the freaking trade exception!