Spurs & Blazers nearly completed Tony Parker deal

Dash

Alex Kennedy - 06/22/2011 10:43pm EST-

The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers nearly completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday afternoon, but the deal fell apart in the late stages. San Antonio was prepared to ship Tony Parker and the #29 pick to Portland in exchange for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the #21 pick. Other players would have been added in order to make salaries work. However, the deal died when the Spurs insisted that Richard Jefferson be included in the talks. Since San Antonio's attempt to add Jefferson, talks have quieted, but they could pick up tomorrow if one of these teams has a change of heart.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20170#ixzz1Q4VSV23Z

The Spurs have already attempted to dump Jefferson to the Kings but I'm guessing that didn't turn out so well either. Without including Jefferson (since its very unlikely he'll be included if talks pick up), how would you grade this deal for both sides?

Honestly, I would have loved this deal if it had gone through, even with Jefferson. If there is one team in the league that is willing to take on a bad contract, it's Portland as we have the richest owner in the league. I think we would of had a sick lineup of either Parker, Roy, Wallace, Aldridge, Camby/Oden with Matthews and Jefferson coming off the bench. Or start Matthews and have Roy and Jefferson destroy the opposing bench...or start Jefferson and have Roy and Matthews kill it. I think it would have been sick for us.

As for San Antonio, they definitely need to rebuild and Nic Batum would be a great addition to their team. Miller's contract would be expiring at the end of next season, which is about 7.2 mil coming off the books. I really hope Portland goes for it.

I would have personally hunted down and murdered both Holt and RC Buford.... I'm so glad that didn't happen, it's funny how nobody wants Dick Jefferson and the Spurs would consider taking back CRAP just to unload him AND give up our best player..... Lol

Edited by Finch23