Rockets and Warriors discuss Biedrins deal

Dash

Was able to confirm reports by the Houston Chronicle that the Rockets are indeed interested in acquiring Warriors center Andris Biedrins. Houston, with Yao Ming and Chuck Hayes as their expected center options next season, are in need of a big man since Yao’s ability to play again is still suspect and Chuck Hayes, while valiant and completely useful, is probably not a starting center on a playoff team.

For Warriors fans, who have been hoping for Biedrins’ departure for some time, that means the Warriors just may be able to move Biedrins. That was once thought to be impossible considering the drastic decline in his production and the three years, $27 million he has left on his contract. But apparently, Houston is a taker.

So why is Biedrins still a Warrior you ask? While this may seem the perfect answer to the Warriors’ ills, Golden State, according to multiple sources, are not at all enamored with the Rockets’ offer thus far.

I’ve been told the Rockets have offered Hasheem Thabeet and Jordan Hill. Haven’t confirmed if they were offered as a package, but the figures add up. Thabeet, a former No. 2 overall pick, is widely regarded as someone who simply not good enough to play in the NBA and probably won’t be. There is still some hope for Jordan Hill, but he’s got a Post-It note on his back that says “stiff.”

Bottom line for the Warriors: that’s not enough.

On one hand, you would think they would trade Biedrins for a pair of retro Jordans and a bootleg DVD – just to get rid of the salary. On the other hand, there is a level of shrewd trading going on here. (I was completely with the former, but after talking with a few people, I see the logic in the latter. Not sure I would adhere to it, but I see it.) Here are both sides, as I understand them.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/06/25/warriors-arent-just-giving-away-biedrins/

Even if the price is only Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet, I don't want to go anywhere near Andris Biedrins' contract.

Edited by Dash

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/06/25/warriors-arent-just-giving-away-biedrins/

Even if the price is only Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet, I don't want to go anywhere near Andris Biedrins' contract.

Completely agree. I have hated Biedrins from day one therefore I am not liking this at all. He is not a defender, cant score, and cant rebound well for his size. And im not even going to touch on that terrible contract he is sitting on. We are better off sticking with Hill and Thabeet hoping that one develops out.

Completely agree. I have hated Biedrins from day one therefore I am not liking this at all. He is not a defender, cant score, and cant rebound well for his size. And im not even going to touch on that terrible contract he is sitting on. We are better off sticking with Hill and Thabeet hoping that one develops out.

Yea I don't like this trade at all use the cap on a real player not Biedrins!