CM Punk...

Yeah I'm beginning to think it was scripted too but there were so many truths behind it, and you could tell Punk felt strongly about some of the things he said. Either way it was amazing.

Stone Cold:

@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.

CM Punk is far and away the best talker in this generation of wrestling. He made that sound very believable and delivered it flawlessly. And now he has people buzzing.

CM Punk is far and away the best talker in this generation of wrestling. He made that sound very believable and delivered it flawlessly. And now he has people buzzing.

You're not including Rocky in this generation are you?

He is pretty much the only reason why I tune into Raw or Smackdown for about 5-10 minutes a week and then get bored 5 minutes after his segments are done.

It really is a shame how poorly he was misused by the WWE. The guy is a stud.

People sure do love him down here :lol:

Once Punk is gone I think I'm done watching Raw. Maybe I'll tune in every now and then for Miz but he's been getting buried recently.

Also that promo by Punk wasn't scripted. He was told to have one at the end of the show explaining why he's leaving but if he went too far they would cut off his mic. No one knew what he was going to say.

R-Truth and Alex Riley are gonna be the only reasons I'll still periodically check for RAW after Punk leaves.

SD is still good money with guys like Orton, Mark Henry(who has been the best he's ever been in his career lately) Christian, Bryan, Sin Cara, Rhodes, Barret, The Usos etc.

Agreed on Smackdown, looks much better than Raw but I can't understand why ratings are so low with very solid main event feud with Orton/Christain/Sheamus.

• Owner

Vince continues to bury guys that, at one point, seem to take off (I'm sure he enjoys this), but then they crash and burn before our eyes.

It's funny...I was thinking about how Vince made us all believe Mason Ryan was about to break away from Nexus by attacking Punk and the other two, then going ballistic on a few wrestlers, Lesnar/Batista style...but nope. I know he can't wrestle, but that never stopped Cena, Lesnar, Batista, and even Hogan.

It took Mark Henry about 60 years to look like a bad ass that could actually contend for a belt.

I originally didn't like CM Punk, but he's really incredible on the mic, and I started to like him when he went for that Macho Man tribute. I thought that was awesome.

Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, he's being put back on the shelf. He's going to get his ass kicked by Cena at the PPV, and that's it for him, just like it was for Miz.

Super Cena is reaching Hulk Hogan status, but he's no Hogan. I don't care about the numbers...Cena draws kiddies and women. Hogan raked in the entire United States, at one point, when he was feuding with Slaughter. Cena doesn't touch Hogan, in that regard...but Vince is doing his best to make it happen, and it's killing wrestling.

Agreed on Smackdown, looks much better than Raw but I can't understand why ratings are so low with very solid main event feud with Orton/Christain/Sheamus.

Because Friday is a horrible day for showing a wrestling program on TV. It would do much better on Thursday. And damn, forgot about Sheamus.

And honestly..I think Cena has been catching too much flak from people lately. While I'm not a Cena fan..outside of the no-selling(which is pretty bad) he's been money lately. And the segment with Vince was great.

They have been showing Smackdown on Fridays for a while now though. What I meant was why have ratings plummeted to some of the worst the show has ever seen in the past year? Does Edge as the top face honestly draw more than Randy Orton? The roster is more stacked and the feuds are much better (besides the Ezekial's, like wtf) so I don't understand why ratings are dropping.

• Owner

Honestly, I don't watch Smackdown for the simple fact that the Orton/Christian BS needs to end.

I hear a lot of people don't like Orton, though...and I'm not really sure why. I think he's very good at what he does. I would much rather see him holding the belt than Christian.

• Owner

What? The Orton/Christian feud has been solid although I didn't watched Smackdown last week either.

I've never been high on Christian, really, and it's weak how he continues to get title shots.

It's too bad Christian and Edge didn't stay together as a tag team, or Christian didn't find a new tag partner. I think he's better doing that. Vince doesn't really have a tag team that makes me care enough for the tag titles, which is sad, because back when wrestling was incredible, the tag division was amazing.

It just feels like all Raw is built for is to give Cena a ton of heels to stomp on, leading up to his match with The Rock next year.

Then, Smackdown is basically set up to create a rivalry between Orton and Christian (wooo hooo), and to turn Mark Henry into a bad ass, which was LONG overdue.

I think Cena has just killed wrestling for me. He gets his ass kicked most of the match, turns green and goes into Super Cena mode, beats the hell out of his oppoent for about 60 seconds, and wins the match. Hogan started getting dull as well, until he turned heel, and it saved WCW at that time.

If Punk loses at the PPV, it's Del Rio's turn...and if that Rick Martel/Eddie Guerrero ripoff wins the belt, it's going to turn me away from wrestling even more, even if it's against Cena.

Once Punk is gone I think I'm done watching Raw. Maybe I'll tune in every now and then for Miz but he's been getting buried recently.

Also that promo by Punk wasn't scripted. He was told to have one at the end of the show explaining why he's leaving but if he went too far they would cut off his mic. No one knew what he was going to say.

Even if it wasn't written, it had to have been approved by SOMEONE. Vince won't let anyone on the mic without any approval